Did you mean: 

Removal of carrier pre-select

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Removal of carrier pre-select

No problem at all. I’m determined to fix this as if I’m successful, it’d be the first time myself or anybody I know has been able to remove CPS off a line from our side.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @Rani

I've received confirmation from Openreach's Application Support Desk's second line support team to advise that CPS should now be manually removed, and I've checked the installation our side and that indeed looks to be the case. 

Could you try making a call from your home phone, without dialling any prefixes in front of the number? 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and if that works, this would be my greatest achievement. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rani
Hooked

Hi Anoush

RESULT!!!

It works! Just made my first call without having to dial the CPS refix. Thank you so much for your help in getting hold of the right person to sort this out. You should feel justly satisfied at having cracked the problem that defeated Plusnet and Tesco all those years ago.

All I have to do now is negotiate a new contract with Plusnet as my current one has expired!

With thanks and gratitude again.

Yours,

Rani

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Rani 

AWESOME!

I've sent an e-mail around to my department as a heads up, and, of course, for the glory. Cheesy

No problem at all, and cheers for looking at renewing with us.

If you have further issues or there's anything else you need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Rani
Hooked

You are obviously now Gandalf the White, not Gandalf the Grey!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye indeed. Smiley

"And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet