cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline number from Virgin to PlusNet

lozzer1

Porting landline number from Virgin to PlusNet

I am in the process of transferring from Virgin media to PlusNet and according to the Ofcom website I am entitled to keep my Virgin Media phone number. However, PlusNet have said that Virgin will not release it.

Ofcom say...

You can keep your existing landline telephone number when you switch if you want to.  This is known as number 'porting'. If you want to keep your number, let the provider you wish to switch to know.

Both of them cannot be right.

Does anyone have any experience of this issue please?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Porting landline number from Virgin to PlusNet

Good Afternoon, 

Looking at the account I assume is yours, it seems no number is saved on our side so no number port was checked, could you pop me a message over with your landline number with Virgin and also confirm the address Virgin have listed for you and I will do some checks, doing this with a number port may delay the installation of your line however we can discuss that once we've had a further look into the porting issue.

Paualsh112

If you have a working phone line, then simply sign up to one of our packages and we’ll do the rest. Your broadband and phone will both be switched over in as little as 10 working days from the date of your order.

If you don’t have a working phone line, we’ll need to send an engineer to you. Your new phone line will be live as soon as it is installed, and your broadband will be available within 5 working days of line installation.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good Morning,

Thanks for your messages, in regards to this specific issue unfortunately things are not as seamless as they could be due to your address not being built into the BT systems at the time your order was placed, however this has now been done at the BT side and we can progress things to where you want them to be.

There are 2 ways to go about getting your number applied, we can cancel your current install and order a new one now that your address shows correctly and port the number over the day of install(this is how things usually go) however this will delay your engineer appointment.

The other route which I would suggest to follow in this instance would be to allow your line to be installed by the engineer, but leave your Virgin service active, this will allow us to port the number from the active Virgin line to your new Plusnet line without any downtime to your phone service or phone number.

If you let me know how you'd like to proceed I'll make sure all gets sorted from here.