cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

BobbyF

Phone not working

I keep getting "the number you have dialled has not been recognised." If I dial my number I get an engaged tone.
When I ran the automated checker it said "The result of your line check is unclear. Please wait a while and try the test again."
Your online chat appears to be offline. How am I supposed to contact you?

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Phone not working

I can see a faults been raised and its gone to our suppliers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dsrogers

My line has been out of order for 10 days, beat that!
The line breaks after a minute of less on out going calls but a bit longer on incoming calls. OpenReach visited and said I have a problem but not at the house. Apparently it needed the help of the underground team. That was 15th Dec. They've told Plusnet that it is now OK., as of course it will sound that it is when a simple line test is done.
Here I am with no service that I can use although I seem to be OK on Broadband and eMail.
Does anybody know how I can get Plusnet to get my phone right when an unusual error like this pops up.
If Plusnet want to ring me they should have enough time to explain what they are going to do to get me up and running, if they are quick.
Please help. I can see that I won't be able to make my Christmas lon distance calls this year.
Derek
dsrogers

Bobby, why did your [removed]  respond to The QUESTION by saying the OpenReach said that they had cleared the line. Are you now contacting a different supplier than Open Reach. You can also rely to me by my email.
Moderators Note by Mike (Mav) Support Agent's Name Removed as Per the Forum Rules
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry that your fault is still ongoing, I'm just retesting your line and will update the support ticket on your account shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.