Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead telephone wire damage

kentmonkey
Dabbler

Overhead telephone wire damage

After some advice.
A motorist drove into the electricity and telephone pole outside our house on Monday, destroying it at the base. The pole is standing at a 30 degree angle at the moment.

The electricity company reconnected us but the telephone wires were laying across the road and gardens, so they cut them as they were dangerous. The electricity company are coming back to replace the pole by Friday at 16:00.

I logged this with openreach who proceeded to send an engineer out yesterday (despite knowing the pole wouldn't be replaced until Friday). They obviously left without doing anything.

So I've logged it again today but got confusing responses. The first person who talk my call said they would no longer touch it as it is no longer classed as dangerous and it would be down to each of the 10 houses to contact their own service providers to replace the overhead lines. The second person I spoke to has booked in another engineer visit but, despite being told repeatedly it wouldn't be replaced until Friday afternoon, is still sending someone out in the next 48 hours.

I've tried calling Plusnet but I was on hold for 57 minutes on my mobile and then got disconnected. So not overly helpful.

I'm left very confused as to who's responsibility this is, and don't want to waste time waiting for openreach to come only to be told they won't repair the cut telephone wires to the 10 houses which are all just laying on our driveways/gardens at the moment.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I can't work without it.
3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Overhead telephone wire damage

Hello  @kentmonkey

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear about what's gone on here. No need to call in, I'll be more than happy to check out what's going on here, and see whether Openreach have raised an incident to haver the line repaired.

I haven't been able to locate the Plusnet account associated with your community profile though, so please can you send me a private message with the account username?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
kentmonkey
Dabbler

Re: Overhead telephone wire damage

Thanks Adam, I've sent you a PM