cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone or broadband for about 6 days now.

rabbie68

No phone or broadband for about 6 days now.

I reported to Plusnet on Sunday 26th that my phone had not been working for 2-3 days-no inward or outward calls and no ring tone. I received a reply which stated that the fault had been reported to Openreach but there would be no further activity on my case until today,1st March. Obviously with the phone out of order I have no internet connection either. I've paid for all of this up front and now not getting any of the service I've paid for. I think that this problem with the phoneline is a recurring problem and I'd like to know (from Openreach?) why I don't have a stable telephone connection. It seems that the minute there's a spit of rain the phone line goes down. I would also like to know from Plusnet or anyone when my phone line will be fixed and when I can expect to have an internet service again. I'd also like a refund for all of the time my phone line and internet service have been unavailable to me. And, if this total lack of service continues, do I have grounds for ending my contract with Plusnet without penalty and having my advance payment refunded so that I can take my business elsewhere?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No phone or broadband for about 6 days now.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm getting this chased up for you.

[edit]

I can see Openreach have located the fault underground and it's been assigned to a underground engineer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rabbie68

Thanks.

rabbie68

Well, I'm happy to report that an excellent Openreach engineer did turn up today as promised and appears to have solved the problem. My phone is now working and the Plusnet broadband seems to be up and running again too. I'm not impressed though by the fact that I had to post my problem on this forum in order to get any action. And I still think I should be compensated for the time when I had neither phone nor internet service.