cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone

osman

No dial tone

I have no dial tone.  Broadband works fine. I hardy use my landline, but today I made a call and left the number for a return call, which was very important, it rang once, then it went dead.  I called my number from a mobile, it rang ONCE only then it is dead again, so I cannot get incoming calls either. 

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: No dial tone

If you have no dial tone but internet is still limping along, then you are likely to have a dis leg fault - one side of the copper pair is disconnected.

You can use the phone fault link below to raise a phone service fault report.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @osman, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the issues being experienced with your service.

I have tested the line and this hasn't detected any faults, so we will need to look at sending an engineer.

if not already done so, I would advise to complete our troubleshooting here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/ and if the issue persists, just get back to us on the ticket I've created here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220846997

If you give us a nudge on here once you have replied, we will pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
osman

Hi Lauren

I went through the troubleshooting process and came to the conclusion that the fault was in the handset. I got a new one and the tone is back.  So for the time being everthing seems OK, no need for engineer. Thanks for the hints.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @osman

I'm glad to see that your new handset's working fine now.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet