cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone (even when plugged into master socket) + phone does not ring + poor internet speeds...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: No dial tone (even when plugged into master socket) + phone does not ring + poor internet spe...

Hi Simon,

Three faults - no wonder the phone line tests were confused / inconclusive!

Sight of your router stats would be useful / interesting please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No dial tone (even when plugged into master socket) + phone does not ring + poor internet spe...

Thanks for the update @simoncross 

Awesome, I'm glad to see the engineers picked this up fast and their efforts got your line fixed speedily.

If you'd like to pass on your thanks to them, I'd recommend filling out the form Here on Openreach's website.

With regards to fibre, unfortunately it looks like the relatively slow speed you had on it was due to how long your line is to the cabinet (the green box in the road), I'm in a similar situation living at S11 although my line can a wee bit faster. 

Fingers crossed things change in the not too distant future and FTTP's brought to more areas of Sheffield!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
simoncross
Hooked

As you can see from the 2 screen shots, one from last night (when it was playing up) and one from just now, working normal.  See if you can work out which is which Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Big improvement there!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Massive improvement all round. Not just better speed and correct SNRM but also much better line attenuation.

One wonders if long-standing d-side issues had impacted FTTC performance?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @simoncross

Thank you for providing us with the screenshots, showing a big improvement with your service. I've now closed down the open fault on your account. Please let us know if you have any further issues though, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds