Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No changes/phone order in progress

FIXED
stigmata
Hooked

No changes/phone order in progress

Hey there,

Hope someone can help? Had a few problems transferring my phone to the new address in 2019, lost a few services along the way but we got there. Tried to add back voicemail and caller protect I think in April 2020 (maybe before) after they were oddly removed and since then on logging in my account has been displaying:

An error has occurred

You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress.

Seems something’s jammed up somewhere. Aside from calling, which sadly took 40 mins last time I tried, is there any way for me to resolve this? I’d like to have the caller protect service activated (anything to stop the 08:20 calls from someone pretending to be Microsoft - I don’t want the voicemail anymore, which currently doesn’t appear to be functioning regardless).

Any help/guidance would be awesome, thank you!
11 REPLIES 11
stigmata
Hooked

Re: No changes/phone order in progress

Apologies, I meant I moved in 2020 and added attempted to add services back in 2021 I think (not used to this new year malarkey)!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @stigmata,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've just had a look over the account and nothing seems to be out of place at first glance. When you checked this yesterday, did you try to add the features again?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
stigmata
Hooked

Hey Alex,

Just logged in again and the error is still there. Both voicemail and caller protect are still showing as awaiting activation and the warning as above is still there.

Honestly, no, I’ve not tried to add or remove anything since April or so when I did request those features to be added after they were removed, I presume, accidentally. I couldn’t add them anyway as all boxes to make changes are non-accessible (even on broadband and phone areas - it’s like this error is blocking all changes from being made).

I hope the info is of some use, recognise it may also complicate things a bit!

Leigh
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us - the more info the better honestly! I've had another look over the account and I think I can see what might be causing the issue, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to personally fix it. What we may need to do is try moving you onto another Call Plan, but as the one you're currently on is a legacy plan, you wouldn't be able to move back to it once we move you across. Is that something that you would be willing to do? Please let us know and have a look over the list of our current available Call Plans to see if anything there suits your fancy.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Just a quick update on this one - you can disregard what I've said about potentially needing to change the call plan in my prior post! I've spoken to a colleague about this (shoutout to @Gandalf) and upon further digging we've found an alternative approach which should, if everything goes according to plan, fix this for us in the next hour or so Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
stigmata
Hooked

Magic! 😄 I had had a look so was going to natter to the better half to see if they had a view but that saves the faff if all comes good!

If there’s anything I need to do or the change becomes necessary let me know and I’m on it.

Big thanks for trying to sort this out (and props to Gandalf too if it all pans out!).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for getting back to us @stigmata

Looks like this may be almost sorted now. Our systems are taking a little bit of time to fully update.

Could you let us know how things are tomorrow? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stigmata
Hooked

Hey @Gandalf 

Logged on and the original error had disappeared - marvellous, thank you! 😊

However, I removed the voicemail function I didn't need (my original reason for trying to fiddle with changes) and today I have a wholly new error!

An error has occurred

There's currently an issue with your account, meaning you can't make any changes to your services. Give us a call on 0800 432 0200 and we'll see if we can help.

All change options are indeed locked down again! I don't think I've done anything monumentally dim but if I have done something stupid please let me know (though baffled as to how) 🙄

I'm sorry this is being a massive pain Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya,

Awesome and nothing you've done wrong at all. Just our systems being a little slow, but I can see they've updated now. 

Also I've noticed that YouView is still showing on your account (even though we aren't charging for it and we've discontinued the service) so to update things further, I've triggered that to be removed now, which should be within the next 24 hours. 

Let us know how it goes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stigmata
Hooked

How do,

Whatever magic you've done, it has absolutely done the trick - all options are open and available again, the phone has the right selections on it and no errors displaying on the site. Totally top notch! 😁 Also, the Youview alerts have come through on my phone as well, thanks muchly!

Big thanks to @Gandalf and @TheMightyAJ for picking this up and sorting between you, you stars!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent!

Much magic conjured and that's why they call me Gandalf (Actually, I chose that title myself, but don't tell anybody that... Tongue)

Let us know if you've got further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet