Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues adding caller ID

FIXED
Giltrap

Issues adding caller ID

Hello,

I have been having trouble adding caller ID. I tried adding caller ID previously and while it did say it was enabled it didn't actually work. To try to fix this, I tried removing and re-adding caller ID, but it has been stuck on "Awaiting removal" for several weeks now.

Could you please enable Caller ID (and call barring too if possible) on my account please?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Issues adding caller ID

Hi there Giltrap, I've just checked and can see that call barring shows as being active on your account and should be working on your line now, is it the case that no numbers are displayed at all when you receive a call? Also with regards to call barring, did you mean anonymous call rejection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Giltrap

Hi Adam,

By Call Barring I meant the blocking of calls to international and premium rate numbers, not anonymous call rejection. I just tried calling the international number of a family member (we'd use VoIP ordinarily) and it began to ring, so it doesn't appear to be working.

Regarding Caller ID, no numbers are displayed on the phone when we receive a call, and the call log says "No Number". It used to work fine when we were with Vodafone, so there shouldn't be any hardware issues on my end.

On the Phone control panel (https://www.plus.net/member-centre/phone) it says "An error has occurred. You cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in progress." and under the "Call features" heading the third bullet point says "Additional advanced call features you've added: Caller Display (Awaiting removal), Call Barring (Awaiting removal)"

They are awaiting removal because I was trying turning them off and back on again to see if that fixed things, but they got suck on "awaiting removal" which stopped me doing that. Just in case I'm being confusing, I do actually want Call Barring and Caller ID to be active in the end.

Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Giltrap, no worries, it looks like the status of those on your account, the actual services being ordered and the billing for them are all out of sync with eachother which has caused the issue that's prevented further account changes. I've Just added a ticket to your account outlining a few things we'll need to do to fix that at our end: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222279735

We should have that sorted in a day or two so please bear with me and I'll let you know when that's all been sorted then you'll be fine to go ahead and add any call features back in that you need.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Hi Giltrap, everything should be sorted now so please go ahead and try re-adding the call features you wanted and it should be fine. Please let me know if not though.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Giltrap

Hi Adam,

I just enabled Caller ID and Call Barring, and having tested Caller ID and set up Call Barring everything seems to be working now.

From the confirmation emails it looks like it was enabled within 10 minutes, which was impressively fast.

Thanks for the help.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for letting us know @Giltrap, glad to see that's been sorted out for you. Please let us know if you have any further queries at all. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds