cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a fault with the phone or line?

stoswald
Grafter

Is this a fault with the phone or line?

If someone leaves a message on 1571, I cannot dial out as the beep beep beep does not cancel out.  I take out the batteries and put them back press search (hunt) and I can then call out.  This happened to one of the phones that was not working properly and now affects the other, hence I think it may be a fault with PN 1571.
This is on a DECT phone about 6 yrs old.
3 REPLIES 3
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Is this a fault with the phone or line?

I don't understand your analysis. It appears that you had a two handset system and one handset developed a fault that exhibited the symptoms you have now, yet you think the second handset has not developed the same fault?
Have you tried using just a corded phone or even a different DECT handset with the old one turned off/batteries removed? Does turning the handset off without removing the batteries cure the problem (often press and hold the "end call" button, same to turn on again)?
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
lemming
Grafter

Beep beep beep doesn't sound to me like the alternating 1571 message awaiting tone.  It does remind me of experiencing something similar yesterday, when I heard beeps when trying to alter my answerphone greeting from my DECT phone, but not getting any respoinse.  It was in fact a warning that another device, either another DECT phone or the base unit, was in active use at the time.
stoswald
Grafter

Beep Beep was my bad, phone did make the message awaiting tone. 
Only have the one handset - other is in the recycling, will sort another DECT out come payday.