Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation woes, help me oh plus net kenobi, yer me only hope

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Installation woes, help me oh plus net kenobi, yer me only hope

Apologies, I am dismayed to see that this fault is still occurring. I'm making a call to our suppliers right now after which I'll be in touch with you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, much appreciated
I can be reached after 10am most days.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just left a voice mail for you with regards to this, engineers have been assigned again to deal with this today, I am pressing for more information about the cause of the fault as it is very unusual for an individual fault (i,e one that affects a single customer as opposed to several) to take this long to resolve.
I have a senior escalations manager at BT contacting me regularly with updates today so I will make sure you are kept up to speed.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

Thanks Adam
Would be nice to hear from BT, especially if theyve `fixed` the external fault without bothering to check any of the internal lines
Im out of town this weekend, but I`ll keep an eye to txt/this thread
btw, what is my ticket number and how do I check it?  sorry, feeling a bit thick today, wheres me coffee !
pierre_pierre
Grafter

there reachable from this page http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop
Moontoya
Dabbler

Still no dial tone.
WEll they did say BT said it would be fixed for the weekend.

they didnt say -which- weekend......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm speaking with our suppliers right now with a view to raising this with our account manager. We're continuing to take this very seriously and put pressure on our suppliers.
We'll keep it up and I'll be in touch via your mobile ASAP.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

Bt called at my door at around 10:35am (just as I was dozing off again, stupid night shift...),
Wiring was checked, phone cabinets were poked at, a loose fuse was located in the box 350meters way and restored.

Dial tone....
then ... broadband light
then authentication

then I ran speed test, 1.9mbs down, .30mbs up.
I CAN HAS INTARNETS !
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Thank you Adam, you rock !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Moontoya,
Sorry I've not been able to call you before 1.30 today. I'm so glad to hear that this is sorted out Smiley
I'll be in touch tomorrow just for a quick chat and a follow up to what's happened here by then I should have head more information about why this has taken so long to resolve.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

Well, services has been solid and reliable, decent speeds and all that.
But I was told I wasnt going to be billed for the month due to all the hassles...
10 Nov 2010 D/D PLUSNET PLC -  16.82
oops?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi again Moontoya,
Not good, I'm going to look at that now.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The charge is correct, here's a quote of myself from ticket 36061036:
I have discounted next month's broadband subscription fee as a good will gesture and to say thanks for your patience whilst this has been worked on.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

Oh thats for phone service then, shame i was charged the same in october, when I didnt, y`know actually have phone service for most of that time period.
13 Oct 2010 D/D PLUSNET PLC -  11.25
What happened to the 3 months 'free' when signing up ?

Anyway, it might be a moot point, my living arrangements are likely changing in early december.  All this hassle and problems and I might have to cancel dsl as where Im likely moving to already has PlusNet (was them referred me).
Again thanks for your assistance Adam, youve been a star.  What would I need do if I do need to cancel (aside from mail the thomson router back)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry for the delayed reply Moontoya,
Again thanks for your assistance Adam, youve been a star.  What would I need do if I do need to cancel (aside from mail the thomson router back)

you would need to call 0845 140 6002 to request cancellation, I don't mind having a chat with you myself about this just to get a bit more information/feedback and see if there's any room for negotiation.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Moontoya
Dabbler

Hi Adam, I`ll have to give them a call later from the home line, O2 are being muppets again.
Ive moved out of that premises and into a new place with an existing Plus.Net customer,  Ive posted about this in the billing area, as Im not happy Im being smacked with a 65 quid bill for a month Im not supposed to be paying for, let alone bandwidth use when I only ever used p2p / steam downloads between 12am and 8am.,
Generally happy with the service and very happy with teh staff, but in this case, I simply dont have any need for the connection, cos its not possible to run 2x dsl lines on one property.  Never mind the issues Manachanter (my room mate) has had getting the line switched from talktalk over to plusnet (he moved in a few months back).
I`ll give em a call tomorrow on my day off and ask nicely, given Im still technically inside 90 days contract .