How to stop nuisance calls
Please can someone assist?
Re: How to stop nuisance calls
13-10-2021 12:46 PM - edited 13-10-2021 12:47 PM
Thanks for your post @deryn1939 and welcome to our Community Forums.
I'm firstly sorry for your loss and the distress these calls are causing you.
I can see you have Call Protect setup on your account so if you know the numbers that are calling you, I'd recommend dialling 1572 from your home phone handset to block them, providing they're not international numbers.
I've included a full guide below on how to use Call Protect I've taken from Here.
Plusnet Call Protect
Plusnet Call Protect catches nuisance calls on your landline and sends them straight to junk voicemail, where they belong. You can:
- Catches all calls from Plusnet’s list of known nuisance callers, which is updated regularly to send as many of those pesky nuisance calls as possible to junk voicemail
- Create your own personal list of up to 100 nuisance numbers that you can select and maintain
- Choose to divert specific types of numbers to junk voicemail, such as international numbers, withheld numbers and unavailable numbers Additional features
- VIP list. This allows you to select up to 50 numbers to override your diverted list. For example, if you’ve blocked international numbers but have family abroad, you can add them to your VIP list, so they’ll still get through to you.
- Do Not Disturb (DND). This means that all calls will either be sent to your normal 1571 voicemail or your 1572 junk voicemail if they feature on your diverted list. For those times when you really want some peace and quiet! If you don’t have 1571 activated, callers that don’t feature on the diverted list will receive a DND message and will not be diverted to voicemail.
|Call Protect Menu||Dial 1572|
There are also other things you can try to block nuisance calls, there's a few steps on our nuisance call help page Here.
Finally, we can change your landline number if that helps although I appreciate it may be a bit of an inconvenience as you may need to tell everybody who you do want to hear from your new number.
Feel free to drop me a private message by going Here if you'd like me to change your number and I'll go through the steps with you and confirm what your number will change to before doing it.