cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop nuisance calls

deryn1939

How to stop nuisance calls

I am receiving nuisance calls asking for my late partner which is quite upsetting. How do I stop them? I am already registered with TPC.
Please can someone assist?
Many thanks
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How to stop nuisance calls

Thanks for your post @deryn1939 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm firstly sorry for your loss and the distress these calls are causing you.

I can see you have Call Protect setup on your account so if you know the numbers that are calling you, I'd recommend dialling 1572 from your home phone handset to block them, providing they're not international numbers. 

I've included a full guide below on how to use Call Protect I've taken from Here.

Plusnet Call Protect

Plusnet Call Protect catches nuisance calls on your landline and sends them straight to junk voicemail, where they belong. You can:

• Catches all calls from Plusnet’s list of known nuisance callers, which is updated regularly to send as many of those pesky nuisance calls as possible to junk voicemail
  • Create your own personal list of up to 100 nuisance numbers that you can select and maintain
  • Choose to divert specific types of numbers to junk voicemail, such as international numbers, withheld numbers and unavailable numbers Additional features
  • VIP list. This allows you to select up to 50 numbers to override your diverted list. For example, if you’ve blocked international numbers but have family abroad, you can add them to your VIP list, so they’ll still get through to you.
  • Do Not Disturb (DND). This means that all calls will either be sent to your normal 1571 voicemail or your 1572 junk voicemail if they feature on your diverted list. For those times when you really want some peace and quiet! If you don’t have 1571 activated, callers that don’t feature on the diverted list will receive a DND message and will not be diverted to voicemail.
Call Protect Menu Dial 1572
Main Menu
  1. Press 1 to add the last answered call to your diverted caller list.
  2. Press 2 to remove the last entry from your diverted caller list.
  3. Press 3 to listen to your 1572 messages.
  4. Press 4 to change your personal options including –
    Plusnet's diverted list
    Your diverted list
    Diverted call groups
    VIP list
    DND settings
    Or hold to hear these menu options again

There are also other things you can try to block nuisance calls, there's a few steps on our nuisance call help page Here.

Finally, we can change your landline number if that helps although I appreciate it may be a bit of an inconvenience as you may need to tell everybody who you do want to hear from your new number. 

Feel free to drop me a private message by going Here if you'd like me to change your number and I'll go through the steps with you and confirm what your number will change to before doing it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet