Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 no longer works for me

FIXED
temp
Dabbler

1571 no longer works for me

It worked fine for years. Then I turned it off temporarily (nuisance caller) and now I'm trying to turn it back on again. The call features page seems to permanently state that I have an order in progress, awaiting activation. Any ideas what to do now?

11 REPLIES 11
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: 1571 no longer works for me

@temp wrote:

The call features page seems to permanently state that I have an order in progress, awaiting activation.

Unfortunately an all too common problem on PN's system.

Sometime tomorrow a member of the Help Team should see your post and address the issue.  🤞🏼

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
temp
Dabbler

Great, thanks!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @temp, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having toruble with your call features as of recent. I've got this corrected on your acocunt so you should be able to make changes again moving forwards and your previous call features should be again working by this time tomorrow at the latest for you.

temp
Dabbler

Thank you, BD! I'll get back to you.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @temp

I've just reviewed the account and there had been a slight issue which has now been rectified. You'll have the Voicemail 1571 service on the line by the end of the day. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
temp
Dabbler

ok thanks! I'll let you know.

temp
Dabbler

1571 was working briefly today but now it's gone again.

It might be because I tried to add call barring. Now my call features page is saying 'awaiting activation' again.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @temp, thanks for getting back in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're seeing the stuck call feature again. I've got this removed for you and put through the changes to get your call features active. I beleive it was adding the call barring to your account which was behind the stuck change as it's a call feature we no longer look to offer as this was replaced by our Plusnet Call Protect. Let us know how it's looking come this time tomorrow and if everything is looking to be set up your side fine.

temp
Dabbler

It appears to be working now. Thank you!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great stuff @temp

Thanks a lot for letting us know. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Plusnet Call Protect actually came before Call Barring and we do still offer both services. Instructions on how to use Call Barring has been moved from the call features article to the nuisance call one Here which may have been the cause of the confusion whether we still offer it.

Just thought it’s worth clarifying this. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button