Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move phone line?

FIXED
paul1974
Hooked

How to move phone line?

I have Plusnet broadband and phone and I would like to move the phone line within my flat. Another flat in the building had their phone line running through my flat which has been cut at the boundary of my property and therefore they are not using it. They had a new phone line fitted. I'm intending to have some renovations carried out and moving the phone line from its current location to the new location will make things easier and allow me to clean up the old cables. 

To move the phone line I would need an engineer to drill a hole through the outside wall and relocate the outside cable to the new location. The engineer would need to fit a new phone and broadband socket too. 

Can you please tell me if a Plusnet engineer can carry out the work? If not, how do I find a reputable phone line engineer with the correct knowledge and skill?

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: How to move phone line?

Fix

@paul1974 From the description of the work required, you would need to book an OPENREACH engineer, through Plusnet. I understand the charge for this is £160.00(plus VAT?).

John
paul1974
Hooked

Re: How to move phone line?

@jab1 Thanks.