cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling in number porting forms (sipgate)

FIXED
zxcvbnm
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Filling in number porting forms (sipgate)

I'm trying to port my telephone number to sipgate (moving house, want to preserve number).

They are quite strict about how it will fail if I don't get the details exactly right... I was hoping someone might know the right answers already...

(Your Current Service Provider's Name and Address) - Any idea what this would be? I can see address's in London and Addresses in Sheffield? I assume the company name is plus.net or is it plus net? 

Customer’s Registered Number: -  I assume this is just the account number on the bill not my account name?

I Think that should get me going.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Filling in number porting forms (sipgate)

@zxcvbnm  I have a saved set of sipgate forms from a succesful port from Plusnet. Unfortunately they're on my system at home and I'm not home till Thursday. If no one else has posted then by then, I'll post up a redacted set for info

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Fix
I used the sheffiled address - The Balance.

customers registered number I left blank.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
zxcvbnm
Rising Star

Thank you MisterW and Dvorak.

I have filled in the forms using Dvorak's suggestions. Fingers crossed. Sometimes with moving I'm not sure where my official address is at the moment...

If it doesn't work I may yet have to take MisterW up on your kind offer to let me see you answers.

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@zxcvbnm  was your port request accepted ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zxcvbnm
Rising Star

Mister W, yes happily sipgate said on Friday that my request has been accepted and should happen in about a week so fingers crossed.

Then onto plus.net to check I have ended things...

Sipgate seem to be transitioning from sipgate basic to sipgate starter so there documentation is slightly confused but all seems to be going OK at the moment.

Thanks for the help. Appreciated. 

zxcvbnm
Rising Star

Well success. So thank you that obviously did the trick. And well done sipgate and plus.net. Despite all the dire warnings about it going wrong with delay and costs it all went through just fine and efficiently Smiley

My land line number now rings on an app on my phone and when the dust settles hopefully to a gigaset dect phone gadget. Not many people actually call the landline but after 30 years its one of the few all my family can remember so I'm glad to have been able to hang onto it despite moving telephone exchanges...

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@zxcvbnm  happy to hear the port went smoothly.

If you need any help with the Gigaset, then shout up.