Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Landline

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Faulty Landline

@Sucks Noted, but as Will says above, they have until (technically) 23.59.59 to complete.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

To be technically precise…

Midnight is at the start of the day 00:00:00 and is the source of confusion in some of the the provisioning message … will go live on the Nth and can go live up until midnight on Nth+1.

And invariably our use of 12am/pm is wrong - see https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/noon-12-am-or-12-pm

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sucks
Dabbler

@willcutforth Phone line is now working fine however there is a new problem, while upload speeds have returned to normal download speeds are now garbage, 4.17mbps, and this is with resetting the router as well. I'll check the speeds again in the morning in case the line just needs some time to train.

jab1
Legend

@Sucks I know I'm not Will, but I suspect the landline problem also affected the broadband side as well. If it hasn't sorted itself by tomorrow, try rebooting the Hub - in other words, do a full reset via the pinhole.

John
Sucks
Dabbler

There's some oddities for sure @jab1 , when the line was faulty I got the normal download speeds (around 38mbps) but upload speeds were fubar at <1mbps, now the line is fixed it's the upload speeds that are terrible (I reset the hub via the pinhole but will do it once more to be sure) and uploads are normal at around 6mbps.

jab1
Legend

Cheers for that @Sucks Think it needs some investigation by Plusnet, especially as I would have thought a full reset should have shifted any gremlins.

John
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@Sucks seems to be resolved now as of 4:30pm yesterday, is that the case?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Sucks,

I'm sorry to hear that there's still some issues with the upload speed - has this improved at all since last night? If it hasn't, please could I ask where the router is setup and if it's in the same location it always has been at the moment?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Sucks
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ Router hasn't moved. Upload speed is better than it has been, currently settled at 7mbps, download speed is still all over the place, currently 10.38mbps when it was around 38mbps. I'll check it again in the morning.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Morning @Sucks

I just wanted to check in with you and see how your speed is today? 

I have ran tests at my side and the speed is looking fine going down the line and no faults are being picked up so if there is still an issue, we will have to go through some investigative steps to get to the bottom of it.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Sucks 

Are you testing your speed over an Ethernet connection or wireless?

If wireless what’s it doing with an Ethernet connection?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sucks
Dabbler

@SammyM & @Baldrick1 Internet speeds are the same for me both wireless and via Ethernet cable, again, I'm an IT tech these things are the no-brainer basic of basics for me so all suggestions so far I have already done way before asking. Currently up speed is 6.38mbps, down speed 34.2mbps. I'll continue to monitor the connection over the next day or two and report any anomalies. 😀

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

So, thinking about the basics, have you done a Quite Line Test?

Can you please post your full router stats - speeds, SNRM, attenuation and error counts.

Which router are you using?

Are there any telephone extension wires (either from the front or the back of the master socket faceplate)?

Have you got a static WAN IP address?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419
Moved:

Unrelated problem split off into it's own thread and renamed in order to give it greater visibility.