cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable 1571 voicemail

FIXED
Malc-77

Disable 1571 voicemail

I want to disable 1571 voicemail on my landline. When I log into my PlusNet account and look at call features, it isn't supposed to be active anyway. The reason I don't want this feature is that I don't have a phone connected to the line. The line is only used for broadband. If someone tries to call my number, I don't want to allow them to leave a message. Ideally, I would prefer the line to come up as unobtainable, but if that's not possible I'm ok if it just rings for the caller until they give up or after some time-out. Can someone at PlusNet fix this up please?

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Disable 1571 voicemail

Hi there, thanks a lot for reaching out.

I've just had a look at the features on your line and can see that you do not have 1571 enabled at all. Caller display and Call divert are enabled though. can I ask why you think it's enabled? I'll happily look into this for you. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Malc-77

Thanks for your reply. I agree that the features show that 1571 isn't enabled, yet a friend tried to call me on that landline a few days go (not realising that I no longer have a telephone physically attached) and was given the option to leave a voice message, which she says she did. But I didn't pick it up of course. So I'm confused how this was possible and need to ensure that the voice message option is never offered. Thanks.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Fix

@Malc-77 wrote:

...a friend tried to call me on that landline a few days go (not realising that I no longer have a telephone physically attached) and was given the option to leave a voice message...

Always possible that she dialled a wrong number. Have you tried calling it yourself from a mobile or a friend's phone?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Malc-77

I’ve called the number and it doesn’t prompt for voicemail. Maybe my friend called the wrong number, as you suggested. Thanks for the help, no further questions. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Malc-77 Sometimes a shot in the dark does hit the target. 😉

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)