cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Call Plan

mushroom_daddy
Dabbler

Changing Call Plan

Having recently renewed by PlusNet broadband contract (18 months, Unlimited Fibre Extra) I would like to change my call plan and remove the Anytime Calls, but that then displays a revised increased price as – Total monthly cost / £43.5 per month

I was assured at renewal that it would be straightforward to change call plans as they are on 30d rolling contract, but in practice it is proving problematic and appears to result in substantial increase in my package plans.  

☹️

14 REPLIES 14
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Changing Call Plan

@mushroom_daddy That revised price is a (bad) feature of the change process on the portal - it does not account for any discounts/deals you have set up, but your email notification of the change should reflect any such discounts.

John
mushroom_daddy
Dabbler

Thanks for you reply. I probably wasn't very clear in my OP. I want to remove my Call Plan after setting up a new contract, which is OK and priced as agreed, but I no longer need the Anytime calls, which is effectively an add on to the broadband agreement. It's when I try to remove/revise the call plan that I'm presented with an increased price.

jab1
Legend

I think my reply covers that scenario, as I assumed that was your intention. It is a quirk of the system that it ignores any discounts/promotions when you initially make the request.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @mushroom_daddy

Thanks a lot for reaching out. @jab1 is right here, in that on the portal, it won't display the contracted discounts that you have on your Broadband product, so the price will appear to be incorrect.

Just go ahead with it and remove your call plan, which will only take effect on your next bill date.

You'll notice that once your next bill is generated, it WON'T consist of your call plan, and will have the broadband discount on there. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mushroom_daddy
Dabbler

OK adam945 thanks for letting me know (and thanks also to @jab1)

I'll have a go. It's just somewhat unnerving when it suggest that there will be a significant hike in your contract costs 🤔

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@mushroom_daddy

Sorry for the confusion the website causes. 

Feel free to let us know if there are any issues once you've put the change through and we can fix.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toolateforaname
Grafter

Can I piggyback on this? Smiley

I have broaband with anytime calls - I'm getting hit with expensive mobile calls for work.
Can I just go ahead and swap my anytime calls (which doesn't include mobile calls) at £8/month for the unlimited UK&mobile at £9.41?

Does this impact on contract length or anything?

jab1
Legend

@toolateforaname You shouldn't piggy-back 😉, but as the OPs problem is sorted, not a problem.

In answer to your question: Yes, you can change call plans with no effect on your contract length, and any change should take effect from the start of your next month.

John
toolateforaname
Grafter

Thanks!

I won't piggyback again (honest)....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@toolateforaname 

Changing your call plan shouldn't affect other aspects of your account like broadband, line rental or your contract. 

Let us know if there are any issues once you've put it through though and we'll fix. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toolateforaname
Grafter

Thanks @Gandalf 

When I go to the change your call plan page it shows my current package (Plusnet anytime) but the only alternatives offered are 'PlusNet Weekends', 'Plusnet Evening and Weekends' and 'Plusnet Anytime International 300'.

Do I need to call up to get one of the current packages?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @toolateforaname 

Looks like the website's not recognising our modern call plans if you have a legacy one.

I say modern, we brought Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls out years ago... Roll_eyes

I've raised a support ticket on your account, could you just confirm by replying to the ticket from Here.

Feel free to post back once you've responded to the ticket and I'll make sure that's actioned as soon as possible. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toolateforaname
Grafter

Thank you!

I've replied to the ticket.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks @toolateforaname, I have now picked that up and actioned it for you. Please just get back to us should you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team