cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can they ever get it right?

astro_L
Dabbler

Can they ever get it right?

I truly despair that Plusnet will ever do what they say!  Years and years ago we lived in Southampton. They know that we moved hundreds of miles away, but they appear to have a vigorously enforced policy of ignoring the reality.  Yes we moved elsewhere.  Since that time, every month - despite them knowing our *true* phone number (after all, they installed the broadband etc!) they absolutely insist on billing us for the old Southampton number.

When I first raised this problem by ringing them they then said that they didn't have any record of us being billed for a Southampton number. They refused to accept that they knew about our change of number (allocated by them) so I sent them a screen dump! They still insisted that it didn't exist - never let evidence get in the way of blind prejudice.  Later they finally agreed to change my address to the one that they already had ......

This morning they sent the bill notification - which shows me still paying for a Southampton number.

I still despair.

L D J Harris

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Can they ever get it right?

Thanks for your post @astro_L

I'm sorry to see your account on your side shows the wrong number. I've checked our systems and I can definitely see we've got the right one down. Can you try going into private browsing mode or incognito if you use Chrome and if you're still seeing the wrong number, please private message me a screenshot so I can investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
astro_L
Dabbler

FWIW I really have been through this process so many times before.  I have had the same conversation before.  You should be able to look through your *own* records and see the names of people that have *promised* to fix this problem before.  Ringing you up or having you ring me does *not* solve the problem because this has already been done so many times before.  Each time I speak to someone they *assure* me that they will fix it - but I am still shown as paying for a Southampton number ......  You already have the screen dump that you ask for!  Its in your own records.

Please investigate your own records.

Lawrence H

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @astro_L 

I understand what you've said and I can see the messages you've sent us on Facebook including a screenshot.

However I've asked you to try it in private browsing to rule out a cookie issue.

Currently from investigation I can see our records are up to date but doing the above will help me get to the bottom of this. 

If you are still seeing this through private browsing let me know and I'll take this to our billing team to investigate further. 

Thanks again in advance. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
astro_L
Dabbler

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mybillsandpayments&%3fmembermenu=billsandpayments=

As of today - some several years later since my first complaint - you ****still**** show me as paying for a Southampton number that became totally valid over 10 years ago.

Can you *never* get this right?

L D J Harris  😞

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to me @astro_L 

The link you’ve provided is a generic link to view the billing tab of an account which isn’t necessarily yours. 

Would you be able to, as per my previous response, open the billing tab in a private browsing window?

If you can then screenshot this and private message me at @Gandalf I’ll raise this to our billing team for investigation. I do want to fix this however I’d ask that you work with me to resolve. Thanks once again in advance. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone, it was good to speak with you.

I'm really sorry again for the wrong details in your account. As discussed, I've raised this to a colleague from our billing team and I'm taking personal ownership moving forward, so I'll work to resolve this for you.

I've got the screenshot you've given us on Facebook showing the incorrect number, but if you notice any further oddities let me know by replying to the support ticket I've logged Here with screenshots as it'll greatly help the investigation.

You can also private message me by going Here though ideally replying to the ticket will keep things documented on your account. I'll follow up with you on the 6th December as this should allow me some time to investigate with the right people. Let me know if you need help with anything else in the meantime. Smiley 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet