cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID

Wombat77
Dabbler

Caller ID

PlusNet advised caller ID would be free from 5th June. I assumed wrongly that it would automatically be activated to all Plus net home phones after that date. I now discover that I have to activate that function.

PlusNet FAQ advises that I need to go to my "Home Phone Control Panel" and click on "Call features".

I followed these instructions and find various check boxes in Call features. However there isn't a check box there for caller ID.

Can someone please explain as I would like to activate this (free) feature.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Caller ID

It's the first in the second block of four - 

Other Call Features (Not included in our features bundle)

labelled "Caller Display".

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi, If you go to account details, then click on home phone, then call featuresSmiley  

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@Wombat77, the email advising of free caller ID (along with the price increase) said you could pre-register for caller ID, and gave you a link to do so.  You needed to do that to get it added for free from the 5th June.  From then, as has been said it can be added from the Home Phone Control Panel.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wombat77
Dabbler

Thanks PJ for your comments. I must have missed a PN communication re the caller ID. I did read the PN information on 10th May, headed "What's Changing", in fact I took a screen shot of that page for info. The third item on that page refers to caller display effective 5th June but I don't see the link that you mention on that page.

Further down the page under the heading "What to do next" I realise that I took the PN recommendation that 'there's nothing to do' too literally and filed the page assuming caller display would be activated as stated. Wrong, I should have known better.

Anyway thanks to PN staff for promptly activating my request made yesterday in the Home Phone Control Panel.

Regards.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

No problem @Wombat77.  Was it the "Updates to your service" email?  If so it had this section in it:

CallerDisplay-PreRegister.PNG

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wombat77
Dabbler

Hi PJ, Yes it was that email, I dug out the copy from my file and note that I didn't print that bit re preregistering for caller ID.

It's a clear case that if you don't act when you first see something it goes out of your mind. Apologies, my mistake but appreciate you confirming that it was.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

No problem Wombat77.  I regularly do that myself!