cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working

anncorr

Caller ID not working

Caller ID  suddenly stopped working two weeks ago.  This has stopped my BT Call Guardian from intercepting nuisance calls. I have now had 2 online chats and 5 phone calls.  Beginning to think this will never be fixed.  Plusnet tried deactivating it and then reactivating, but that did not work.  Engineer called at my house to test the line and found nothing wrong.  I have now been told that the issue will be raised to some higher level in the faults department.  I am getting nuisance calls again which is beginning to be a problem.

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Caller ID not working

Sorry to hear this.

I'll get this chased up for you and I'll update the open ticket on your account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
anncorr

Thanks Matthew, I really appreciate your help.

anncorr

Just an update on this.  I have noticed today that after getting incoming calls, my internet connection drops out, not always but enough times to see an obvious connection.   My emails also drop out intermittently.  Is it possible please to have an update on what, if anything is being done sort this problem.  Many thanks.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @anncorr,

I'm sorry to hear that you have continued to experience drops in your connection. It looks like an engineer has now carried out some work and the issue appears to be resolved.

Please let us know if you experience any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
anncorr

Hi Emily,  the problem I had was that caller display had suddenly stopped working around 4 weeks ago.  After 7 telephone calls, 5 online chats and 2 engineer visits, I am pleased to confirm that the problem appears to be fixed.  The engineer that called today went to my local exchange and replaced some faulty broadband equipment.  This was at my suggestion after I had read on the BT Community Forum that a faulty broadband port could cause caller display to stop working.  I had mentioned this during a couple of telephone calls to the helpline and also wrote a comment to this effect on my open question 173895293, but nobody took the time to investigate further.  I understand that it is an unusual situation but, even so.....................

This is the first incident I have had to raise with Plusnet in 10 years of being a customer and it is disappointing that it was handled so poorly.

Regards,

Ann Corr

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear this is fixed for you Ann.

Apologies for the time it took to fix and thanks for the feedback.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet