cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working - tired of the nuisance calls

kmw350
Rising Star

Caller Display not working - tired of the nuisance calls

Is there any way my caller display feature can be investigated? It has not worked now for a long time, so I am forced to answer  all calls in case it's genuine.

I just received another nuisance call, and when I told him to go away, he immediately phoned back and swore obscenely and repeatedly until I hung up. They seem to be getting bolder and more abusive nowadays.

I then used the Plusnet blocking service and added the number to it, but of course the scammers often use different numbers so it doesn't help for long.

8 REPLIES 8
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 110

Re: Caller Display not working - tired of the nuisance calls

Those scammers man! I hate them! Not had them swear at me before but I just play along with them for a bit when it's an actual person on the other end.

I can raise this up to Openreach to investigate but before I do, I just need to make sure the handset you have has it enabled on it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
kmw350
Rising Star

Thank you Will, yes, he was the worst caller I've had. Any swear word you can think of, he was spouting down the line. It is really time something was done to allow these numbers to be properly investigated, (I don't mean ISPs, I mean proper development of internet/communications police investigations).

I've tried 3 different handsets in the past year and none of them work.

My current handset is the BT4500 which is definitely supposed to display numbers as long as the ISP's caller display feature is activated.

I used to have caller display for several years when I first moved here, and then at some point it disappeared a year or so ago, maybe more. I was putting up with it, but the last caller was the worst I've had, so I thought I'd ask in case anything can be done.

Thank you for looking into it.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

Isn’t there a prefix dialled before the number which disables the caller display ?

kmw350
Rising Star

I'm sorry, perhaps I'm not understanding what you mean.

Every single call I receive fails to show a number on my display, they can't all be dialling a prefix, surely? I know for a fact my family ,members are not.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

Apologies, didn’t realise it was every call. Time for my hot cocoa…..

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@kmw350 I pulled my handset out because I was just sick of it if I am being honest.

Thanks for doing all that for me. There isn't anything more you can do on your side I have raised it with BT and will let you know when we have an update, is that ok with you? Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
kmw350
Rising Star

Yes, that's fine, thank you for doing that. If they manage to find the fault and fix it, that will be great, but if not, then I'm no worse off than I was yesterday.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's worth a try! Like you say, whats the worst that can happen? I will update on here in a couple of days what they have said.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team