cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charge

KT12

Call charge

Hi all.
I paid my bill today and noticed it was slightly higher than usual when I downloaded my bill there was a charge for use of landline
I do not have a phone plugged in as we all use mobiles. Any ideas on why/how this has happened.
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

Re: Call charge

@KT12 What number was allegedly called?

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

There will be nothing allegedly called - it will have been called on that line by one means of another, none of which require the presence of a handset...

• Bad engineering practices looking for a free line in the cabinet by dialing 123 (Tim) rather than 17070
  • A fault on the line giving rise to low digit number ghost calls
  • Some other party's phone line has been crossed connected to this user's phone line

The later can be examined by plugging in a handset and dialing 17070 to verify that the number is correct.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

By 'allegedly' I mere meant 'what destination number was indicated on the invoice', which may give a clue as to the cause. I am aware that it also that it may not.

Apologies for my terminology.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @KT12

I'm sorry to see you got charged for a call, this can sometimes happen when engineers are testing lines. Would it be OK to credit that amount off the next bill for you?

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AsrarQ
Hooked

Hi

I also checked my bill and it looks like last month and the bill i got now both had these 123 calls at all times of the day. Again I dont have a landline or anything else plugged in only the broadband. Also around the same time it looks like a 0208111111 number was also called. like within 10 mins of the 123 at around 2am

How can i report this to try and get a credit also and to try and stop this from happening again.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

This looks like an intermittent line fault.  Run the line fault tester (link below) and get a hand set to check the line for noise.  Dial 17070 option 2.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

@asraq please can you pop me over your username via PM? I'm not sure the one attached to your account is correct so just want to make sure.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@willcutforth 

I see that you have asked for a response from @asraq to his query. The original post was from @AsrarQ  so it seems that you may have mis-typed. Will the corrected name help you to resolve this?

Evan

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Thanks @agedgopher, I appreciate you correcting it. I've just been trying to get these posts down to help everyone but seems like I'm rushing too much. Smiley

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team