cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking just an area code

David60

Blocking just an area code

Good evening,

For some time, now we have been plagued by so-called spam callers who use lots of different numbers and never the same one twice - but all have the same local area code.

I have the PlusNet Call Protect service in place, but this will not be too effective against the above problem. I need to block the five-digit area code to put an end to this problem.

Please advise whether there is a facility to block this one code for my telephone service.

Many thanks

David

2 REPLIES 2
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Blocking just an area code

@David60 wrote:

Please advise whether there is a facility to block this one code for my telephone service.

Welcome to the forum.  🙂

Similar questions have been asked here before. Having researched it extensively, I'm 99 percent sure there's no way to achieve what you want.

The first reply in this thread - https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Can-I-block-a-range-of-numbers-on-Call-Protect/td-p/19266... implies that there may be phones which will do it, but I've yet to see any evidence of one.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
David60

Re: Blocking just an area code

Thank you very much for your informative and helpful reply. Looks like I'll be going for the Blocker machine option to get rid of the current pestering persons!

David