cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT announce cost increases for phone customers

godsell4
Rising Star

Re: BT announce cost increases for phone customers

I admit I have not read the details, usually these increases apply to an calls made which are not included in an Anytime or OffPeak package.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
magnetism2772
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
do you have to make so many post, cant you think first then do a simpler post, some of the last few I cant even understand what you are getting at
seven in less than two hours

Quote from: godsell4
I admit I have not read the details, usually these increases apply to an calls made which are not included in an Anytime or OffPeak package.

we ever need to make a detrimental change to customers' contracts then we normally notify everybody; at the very least we allow a customer the option of waiving any contractual terms (excluding deferred activation/hardware costs).
anything plusnet sent me will be sent back
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know. I don't care. And it doesn't make any difference
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Quote fixed.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

My reading of those OFCOM terms (and pierre-pierre I find them helpful even if you don't) is that PN should not be enforcing any "up front" or deferred payments if to do so was detrimental to the customer.
Or, to put it more clearly perhaps, if you did get a free router then you should have the option to just send it back (at PN's expense) rather than be "forced" to buy it.
nadger
Rising Star

Since when has a price increase been a breach of contract unless one has a fixed price agreement, for a set period of time, as I have with gas and electricity and they try to make an increase.
Unfortunately BT customers will, together with the rest of us, have a further 30p added to their monthly phone line rental from 4th Jan 2011.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: nadger
Since when has a price increase been a breach of contract

When you have a fixed price term as the "main contributor" to this thread (though not the OP) says they have.
That's the recent context I was posting in.  Wink
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think this price rise by BT is to replace the money they were expecting to collect from the previous government's "phone line tax" that was cancelled a few weeks ago ?
reserved
Grafter

No - it's to fund my BT pension increase  Wink
johpal
Grafter

BT have been the first to "break ranks" and announce increases. How long before others follow? As pointed out earlier, there appears little, genuine competition in this sector (see also energy suppliers). I'll give it 6 - 12 weeks.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Quote from: johpal
BT have been the first to "break ranks" and announce increases. How long before others follow? As pointed out earlier, there appears little, genuine competition in this sector (see also energy suppliers). I'll give it 6 - 12 weeks.

like myself the rich buy very little here in the UK,
they purchase and spend their money where ever  goods and services are cheaper
in proportion to taxes and  work, its dearer to live here , than  most of europe , and  the united states
due to  corporate blackmail  and governent lobbying  companies are continually raising prices
one example a  new ford  fiesta  and including car  scrappage scheme £13,000 ,
I now buy from china , india  i  wont buy a lot now from here  in the uk and I also buy second hand
i will look to rent an emergency  999 bleeper if their is such a thing
if their is i shall give the uk phone up

magnetism2772
Grafter

if their isnt such a device , i should start to invent it
as I'm saying  no to BT  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bureaucrats do not change the course of the ship of state. They merely adjust the compass.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

For anybody who will be affected by the BT Retail price hike, you might be interested in this that I've just spotted in this week's Money Saving Expert newsletter. £9.49/mnth line rental if you pay a year in advance.
I'm still waiting on an official response internally, but I'm almost 100% confident that we're not applying a blanket price increase in October (we'd have already set the wheels in motion if that was the case I'd have thought). I would imagine that there will be a Talk product refresh before the end of the year though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

magnetism2772
Grafter

BT are not one to miss any advertising opportunity
If Plusnet do raise their prices, people should view the company like they would BT and vote with their feet
magnetism2772
Grafter

in their thousands
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well combined with my BT £8.50 line rental  :o, I use 18185 and have done for several years, unless it it is a 01-03 number then I use my VOIP line  Wink
I don't make many phone calls so this increase will not really affect me, but if it did I would probably move to an inclusive package where all calls are free.
And if I didn't need to have a home phone just to have BB I would have closed it down years ago.
magnetism2772
Grafter

I will use the local library daily for my Internet
BT's  phone can be put in the dustbin
For any of the emergency services I can dial 999 on a mobile