Did you mean: 

Are PlusNet blocking calls to Sipgate

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Are PlusNet blocking calls to Sipgate

@QuantumGuy wrote:

I have had two people ring it - one is a Virgin Landline and one from A PlusNet Landline - both got through.

It seems I can't ring it from my own landline - no idea why!!

Can you ring other numbers from your home land line?  If yes, then you have a specific condition related to your land line when calling that specific number and this is a well defined problem to raise with Plusnet support.

"When I call this number from my Plusnet phone line, it does not connect.  Someone else uses Plusnet and can ring the number successfully, so it does not look like a general Plusnet / BT to Sipgate routing issue.  The number can also be called from my mobile and by a VM subscriber.  Can you please investigate?".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

QuantumGuy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Yes - all other numbers I try are ok
machare
Rising Star

@bmc I don't dial my area code for local numbers because my ATAs (Cisco and Gigaset) are configured to insert it for me. 

JSHarris
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, that sounds like a really useful feature, not something I'd spotted before.  A lot of our calls are local, so being able to omit the area code, as we tend to do with the landline phone, will be useful.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@QuantumGuy 

I've got a Sipgate (free) account and that works fine for both incoming and outgoing calls on Plusnet.

I'm using a Gigaset phone.

I am the satisfied customer....