cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another irritation with PN's billing system

mal0z
Grafter

Another irritation with PN's billing system

Although I like a lot of things about PN - I am growing more irritated by the billing system and it's apparent inflexibility..
I've had £4 just dormant in a phone credit and just raised a ticket to get it used for bill payment, but I get fobbed off.
Here's the ticket and reply
[Support Wizard Journey]
Looking on my Home phone members pages I see I still have £4.08 credit, which is what remains from when I used my debit card to pay first bill when there was Direct debit problem.
As I don't use land line very much during the day - I don't need that.
Could it be moved into the main account as part payment for the next bill please, or be repaid.
thanks

Copied To: xxxxorg.uk
Jxxxx xxxxx CSC Analyst 2:30pm, Wednesday 10th December 2008
Dear Mr xxxxxx,
Thank you for your query. Sorry but it isn't possible for us to change this credit over to your amin account. If you have any further queries please reply to this ticket or call PlusNet on 01142965198.
Kind regards,
Jxxxxx xxxxxx
[edit} I put the credit into it in the early days of my contract here, and it seems like it was the wrong place !
so my money is seemingly trapped -
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Another irritation with PN's billing system

Hi Mal,
Unfortunately the Home Phone billing system wasn't designed to allow this, so the advice you've been given so far is correct.
Might be a good PUGIT item to raise?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
...Unfortunately the Home Phone billing system wasn't designed to allow this, so the advice you've been given so far is correct.

A little bit of a jobsworth reply???
I wouldn't have thought this is such a common problem for PGUIT - can't someone from accounts just manually move the cash?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately not, no, if there was a way to do it then please trust me when I say I would have done it. It would require the Home Phone billing system to be updated which requires development time and resource, hence the PUGIT suggestion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mal0z
Grafter

A very, very disappointing response. I have / am trying to refrain from using provocative language - that has been used to describe PN holding onto customers money in another thread.  Angry Angry
I know you guys have cheques as I've already had one for an overbilling.
A PM to PN directors will be flying to PN Towers soon.
prichardson
Grafter

These are two very distinct situations being described here. One relating to a payment which was made and described as a Home Phone topup which cannot be transferred from this to another location.
The second is a payment that was processed for an incorrect value and processed overall. This was then applied (I assume, as I havn't looked at the account) as a discount or a refund on the account.
In truth, any one of us could easily apply a discount to the account, or refund the value of a previous invoice without a simgle dificultly. The issue that occurs is there is no way to remove the credit from the home phone section.
The suggestion of pugit is a valid one. we actively use pugit to guage what is annoying customers in a central place, get ideas and judge the interest levels. Between just those in this thread alone, I am sure you can come up with enough ideas to keep development active for a year. How do we ensure they don't go unmissed? Which of those ideas should come first? How do we justify dropping of lowering the priority of something we consider to be more important?
mal0z
Grafter

OK - well credit where credits due - ( sorry about the pun ! ).
But PN have made a ex gracia credit to my next invoice - and I have said they should remove the credit on the home phone account when the billing system allows it.
Thanks to PN staff involved - they know who they are  Smiley