Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your way Pro - ?

RTW01
Grafter

Your way Pro - ?

Hello
Have had 3 tickets on the go from the 8th of June or so - I keep getting high latency and reduced speeds in the evenings only - Playing FPS games this is really poor especially when I have verified with Plusnet its not an issue at my end/equipment. Any other gamers not getting what they have paid for during the evenings  - I have been problem free since swapping to plusnet from Sky till now.  Ping spikes of above 600ms sometimes with a normal 6.60mps  d/l line that drops to <2Mps
Still waiting for a resolution....
Anyone else had this and got it sorted?
jim:red all caps removed from title as per forum rules mod:end
22 REPLIES 22
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: YOUR WAY PRO - ?

Welcome to the forum,
It might be worthwhile asking Plusnet to remove Interleaving from your line If not already done so?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
RTW01
Grafter

Order to remove it put in on Tuesday night by a the tech I spoke to - He wasnt convinced it would work and was completely stumped otherwise....
I have seen no change since - Getting pings of 600ms tonight on Blacks ops pc - but everything is slowed internet, ventrilo....I aint a happy peak time user anymore. 1930 tonight was getting 40-50ms ping with 6.60mps dl - now its anywhere from 50-650ms god knows what the speed is...its not 6.60Mps
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Are you using wireless?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Has the status of your exchange been checked?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RTW01
Grafter

Re: Your way Pro - ?

no wireless and is disabled on the router...hard wire..its fault free been checked . Verified.
As for the exchange it has not yet been mentioned by anyone...tbh I would have expected that to have been checked by plusnet.
Have done ping tests, path pings, tracerts, wireshark (correct data assignment - titainium), bt speedtests, speedtest.net...Line checked for loops and corrected, Tested via master socket, and with everything i can connect to the line and get the same results. Router reset, security checked
I only get an issue between say 19:00 and 22:30...all other time its is spot on 35ms ping 6.60 mbs d/l. Its not a fault with my gear as its too consistent regarding the occurence time.
It screams to me contention ratio or throttle...but I should not be throttled on the Your way pro.
I just want to know what on earth it is - I appriciate the advice guys i'm was just wondering if its happening to me is there anyone else out there getting similar - Location is Market Weighton, East yorks approx 1 mile form the exchange.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

We've seen a few cases recently where although the status of the exchange is green it has transpired that particular VPs in the exchange were running hot. Moving the users to a different VP resolved the issues. I think you need JoJo on the case as she has dealt with the recent ones I've seen - she'll not be around until Monday.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I just want to agree with jelv, The Plusnet staff on this forum are reasonably good at sorting out Issues, Some things customers can help with on here, For everything else there's JoJo. Wink
RTW01
Grafter

Smiley JoJo FTW
I hope so - it was mentioned that the gear in exchange may be running hot at peak load...so will be just waiting on BT then? Oh boy  Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RTW01,
I have emailed our suppliers to have your VP checked as you have indicated this may be a peak time occurrence. I will contact you again once we receive a reply. I have also updated your fault ticket to this effect.
Jojo Smiley
Thanks for the nice comments guys Smiley
RTW01
Grafter

Thanks Jo
Smiley
RTW01
Grafter

I have had some feed back regarding my VP - apparently its clean with no issues???
However for most of the peak period yesterday eveing i was getting more high latancy >100ms - 500ms. Checking my speed via BTspeedtest and speedtest.net confirmed issues - 3.3Mbs on bt and 0.94Mbs, 3.4Mbs when on speedtest.net
This is on a setup that was giving 35ms ping 6.6Mbs before and after the peak period - according to speedtest.net
I shall monitor again tonight assuming the Plusnet line checks may have impacted on my results - however as they are so simialr to the results i have been getting for 3+ weeks now i dont think anything has changed.
Is someone else nicking my bandwidth on a evening?
RTW01
Grafter

Just been looking on Google - I see the new plusnet bolt-on of Pro was launched (begining of June) about the same time I stated getting issues - Has my old contract of Your way Pro been over looked here?
RTW01
Grafter

Also about the same time June8th - IPv6 ? Thats the first evening i have got recorded bad latency
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I don't think it'll be either of the above tbh, the older pro account types haven't changed at all since the rollout of the pro add-on and we've only been testing IPv6 with a few users. The exchange doesn't look to have a problem with VPs at the moment so not sure what's going on there, unless our info is out of date (it could be that the exchange status has changed very recently).