cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XboxLIVE

BugsyMalone
Dabbler

XboxLIVE

Hi. I've been having problem with my connection on xboxlive recently. Mainly on PGR4.
I've asked people about this and they mentioned about going into settings to check my NET to see if it said Open or Moderate. Its at Open so anyone know the reason why I'm having trouble?
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: XboxLIVE

I can't see any problems with your account or line profile that might cause issues such as this, if it's only one game then perhaps there are server issues or issues with the live service in general? If you supply a bit more information then we might be able to help a bit more; does this happen with other games too, and when it's happening is your web browsing slow as well?
Bear in mind that if your connection is being used for other things when you are gaming (eg surfing or downloading) then the connection will be slowed.
Hope that helps,
BugsyMalone
Dabbler

Thanks for the quick reply.
I only play a few games online, PGR4 and COD4, only a few times has my connection been bad on COD4 that I've had to restart the PC. As my xbox connection goes thru my PC.
I don't download anything while I'm playing, its normally just sitting idle. I'll look at browsers every now and then but I always close them before playing again.
Outside the gaming I've had no problems with plusnet for a couple of years.
[Moderator's note by Peter (PJ): Please do not quote the previous post in full as per the link:rules]
LiamM
Grafter

No issues with PGR here on Xbox live.  All works a treat 🙂  The only problem is i'm absolutely appalling at it.
BugsyMalone
Dabbler

haha well look out for me. My name is Koyashaa on it. I use the Hong Kong flag.
James
Grafter

I thought PGR3 was a cracking game (and yes, I was probably as bad as Liam).
Is PGR4 much of an improvement?
Equally, I've never had any issues with XBL - All I do is plug the ethernet cable into my router and it works a treat.
sophos9
Grafter

Can you elaborate on the Xbox goes through my PC, do you mean that its piggy backed in some way?  Undecided
Beetroot_Bertie
Grafter

Your problems might just be link to the ongoing issues with xbox live. I've been intermittently unable to sign in to the dashboard for a while now although starting up the game normally connects me to live. I think many folks are still experiencing problems with the service at the mo.
BugsyMalone
Dabbler

Quote from: sophos9
Can you elaborate on the Xbox goes through my PC, do you mean that its piggy backed in some way?  Undecided

The cable goes into a USB connector in the back of my PC, which is how I'm able to get onto xboxlive.
It's nothing to do with the recent bad form of xbox, as I had the lag problem well before xmas, some 2 months before actually. But recently its been really bad.
BugsyMalone
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
I thought PGR3 was a cracking game (and yes, I was probably as bad as Liam).
Is PGR4 much of an improvement?
Equally, I've never had any issues with XBL - All I do is plug the ethernet cable into my router and it works a treat.

PGR4 is better, it's not as fun as the online play in PGR3 though. The bikes vs car thing is good.
sophos9
Grafter

Quote from: BugsyMalone
The cable goes into a USB connector in the back of my PC, which is how I'm able to get onto xboxlive.

Ahh so you have a integrated usb adsl modem? Personally I would junk it a buy a router, dead cheap second hand off eBay
BugsyMalone
Dabbler

Thanks, i'll do that then.
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: sophos9
Quote from: BugsyMalone

Ahh so you have a integrated usb adsl modem? Personally I would junk it a buy a router, dead cheap second hand off eBay

Uses ICS in Windows.
BugsyMalone
Dabbler

Well I've had my router for 3 days now and everything seems to be working great. I even had my mate play an online game on the PC while I played on xbox LIVE and it had no lagging whatsoever !
Best £45 I ever spent... Oh there was that one time in that brothel....
Cheers plusnet guys for looking into my account and cheers to all the replied.