cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titanfall 2 server drops priority met?

fishbowl00
Dabbler

Titanfall 2 server drops priority met?

Recently returned home from visiting family where I was playing a new game called Titanfall 2 recently released. On my Families internet I was playing with no issues. Now I am home on PlusNet I am having issues connecting to their servers both on Laptop and Desktop as well as wired and wirless. I connect to a game play a match and then it drops when the game finishes. I have opened the relevant ports on the router for this particular game and it works fine. Now I remmebr a post way back when titanfal 1 was released where there was an issue with plusnet not prioritising traffic with the game correctly and needing to add it to their traffic management system and I was wondering if this was the case once again. This is very frustrating having to keep reconnecting to the server as it takes several minutes to do each time and doesn't happen on other ISPs/routers only with PlusNet.

21 REPLIES 21
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Titanfall 2 server drops priority met?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Two identical posts removed as cross-posting is not allowed as per Forum rules.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Kinanswer

I'm having exactly the same issue on PlusNet. I've found the old forum posts about Titanfall 1 and these issues appear to have been fixed by adding the "signature" to the "traffic management platform".

Could this be done for the sequel? It's quite infuriating and the developers don't have a clue.

Tags (1)
fishbowl00
Dabbler

Yeah I did a wireshark of the connection withthe drop to see if i could see the issue. I opened a ticket with their troubleshooting and sent them a copy of it so hopefully they will get back to me and get it sorted. I'll let you know what the results are but reading online people with this issue are plusnet customers only
Kinanswer

Cheers matey. Thumbs_Up

fishbowl00
Dabbler

No worries is sucks really I had out in 26hrs since released at my folks place then I go home and it's almost unplayable since it takes ages to reconnect after a match. Sad Hopefully they fix it soon
Kinanswer

I'm thinking it's the router now. Seeing a lot of people changing from the PlusNet provided Technicolor TG582n and this is resolving the issue. What router do you use out of interest?

fishbowl00
Dabbler

Im still using the Technicolor router provided and I'm not buying one just to play Titanfall as I'm moving shortly anyways. I had read some reports that people had changed the router and fixed the issue.
ghos7
Grafter

disable upnp extended security. it causes problems when gaming.
fishbowl00
Dabbler

I've already done that as well as opened all relevant ports. All other games work, titanfall is the only game that has issues.
ghos7
Grafter

with technicolor routers you need to telnet in and cone the udp ports.
fishbowl00
Dabbler

I've telneted into the router and done that with the command " :connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074-3075 "

I did that with all the relevant ports and saved them with saveall and still not working. It connects to their server and it plays fine but then at the end of the match instead of going back to the closing screen it loses server connection for some reason. I'm tearing my hair out over this. Ive done a wireshark but cant see anything obviouse that I haven't tried already to fix the issue.

ghos7
Grafter

it can be a number of things m8. gamemode on or off? that works for some games but can cause pronlems with others. when i had that router i had upnp only.gamemode off.respond to ping on.port forward off.. i also telneted into router and coned the ports and disabled sip alg.
ghos7
Grafter

sorry the other thing i disabled was ids.you can only disable via telnet. think command was ids config state=disabled. all them setting should resolve your problem.

fishbowl00
Dabbler

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I've tried all the port forwarding disabling the IDS and even disabled the built in FTP as Ive heard that can help with things. Unfortunately I'm still seeing the same issue. Ive been in contact with tech support with plusnet and they are unable to help any further with regards the router they have apparently change everything they can to get it to work. They've offered to send me a new router at a cost of £7 postage and package provided I agree to stick with them for 12 months. Or charge me £47 for a new router no contract.

I declined since if I'm going to spend money on a new router/modem I'm going to buy a half decent one not a basic model sent out by them. The reason I haven't upgraded myself to a better model is I've just bought a fancy new one for my fiancees place which I will be moving into in the next 3-4 months. So I don't really want to go out and buy a new router for the short term just to fix this annoying issue.

Its unfortunate plusnet where not more helpful since ive always found their service excellent and they customer service great but droped the ball on this one in my opinion since they've been useless to no help at all. I recently had to deal with BT for my parents a loathsome company I hate with a passion for their poor customer service. In this instance It was also a problem with and outdated router. Part of my background is as a network technician so after convincing them it was a router/modem problem they where more than happy to send out a brand new router free postage and package priority with no condition of locking the into another 12 months contract. The router arrived the next day and work perfectly and solved all their problems so I this instance for once BT have surpassed PlusNet and I thought Id never hear myself say that.

I guess I will have to continue to life with this problem until I move next year since plusnet arnt any help. I'll continue to welcome help and advice from the community on the issue. And suggestions throw them over and ill try them out but at the moment seem to getting down to the bottom of the barrel with them. Ive changed all the options I can think of via telnet with no success so who knows what ive missed.

Thanks for all you guys helps and suggestions they are most welcome and I'll continue to search for the answers.

cheers