cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding

legume
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding

In theory they should all be UK but there have been issues in the past as some are registered in the USA (but geo location should be UK).
146.199.*.*  Shows up in this thread -
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130918.288.html
It's probably not your issue anyway - just something I though of to try.
daaain

I set up a profile for OpenVPN (UDP 1194), but can't seem to activate it and the error message isn't very helpful - see attachment.
I don't have any other rule set up at all, and tried creating the application profile twice, just in case.
Automatic configuration via UPnP didn't work either, so what's the solution in this case?
Thanks!
EDIT: as it turns out while the full UPnP setup flow on my Synology NAS fails due to some incompatibility on the One Hub, the port forwarding did work. So I'm guessing the router just can't figure out that this was set up by UPnP and which device did it. Would be great if these (1. UPnP incompatibility and 2. unhelpful error message) got fixed, but at least I can work around it.
alexemmaburns
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't fully understand uPnP it's supposed to open the relevant ports for gaming (my understanding of it but could be wrong) but we still have to add ports to port forwarding manually this is where uPnP confuses me lol
legume
Rising Star

It should open ports and you shouldn't need to do any manual forwarding. In fact manual forwarding + UPnP is not a good idea. Probably best to turn it off + maybe reboot if you are doing manual.
As to why it doesn't seem to work I don't know - locked down routers don't help.
For those few that can do it, a packet capture would the only other way to see.
FWIW if xbox ones are the same as 360s they won't even try to use UPnP if DHCP is off (ie. because you set up a static address on the console its self).
Chrisdeacon89

hello im having abit of trouble could anyone please help me i need to know how to change my nat type from moderate to open?
Chrisdeacon89

hello can anyone help me please
JammyDodgem

I've tried creating the ports you have suggested with my hub one but it comes up with an error message when i try to add 3074 port of 'current port range overlaps with previously defined port range assigned for device. please solve this ambiguity.'

This problem is causing me to have really bad lag on xbox one for fifa and black ops 3 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

alexemmaburns
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Chris if you have a look at the start of this thread where @Darkfire tells you how to forward ports and what ports to forward that should help you get an open NAT.

scargill
Grafter

Hi 

I hope you can help.  I normally use a TP-Link router - but I've been getting dropped connections - TP-Link don't have a clue why and BT say the line is fine - and so to prove where the problem, I'm forced to use the Plusnet Hub One router for a while at least.

I have a number of servers at home, a fixed IP address and a domain name with a subdomain pointing at the house. Let's called it xxx.fred.com

xxx.fred.com points to the house.

So - for example to use Node-Red in my browser, and with an internal address of 192.168.0.20 for the Node-Red server on port 1880,   I normally simply port redirect 1880 externally, to 192.168.0.20:1880 internally - no problem.

On the PlusNet router I have defined a game "node-red" and set internal and external ports to 1880 - any protocol.  I've then added this game to the port redirect list.

Doesn't work...  on the Plusnet router,  xxx.fred.com:1800 should be showing me the webpage - and it isn't.  It does this flawlessly on the TP-Link.

I contacted PlusNet Live help and... wait for it...  "we do not support port forwarding" - followed by "We provide our routers to terminate your connection in your premises. Port forwarding is something that the router is able to do but not what we supply the router for and therefore not something we offer support with I'm afraid"

I could not believe my ears.  So here am am I the forum asking why this simple task isn't working -  yes I did try resetting the router.

Any ideas?

WBGLikeaboss

hi there i have done everything that you have shown on here but it's still saying that my NAT TYPE is still strict how can i prevent this from happening?

mg

I have a Hub1  - I am able to open port 80, but when I try to open 8068, it does not allow it - same process each time, and Plusnet Support confirmed that I was doing the correct thing. Why can I open port 80, but not 8068? Have tried all the obvious or rebooting the router, and deleting/starting again

osbald

chomchom

I am trying to open port 1194 on my plusnet hub one so that i can make an external connection to my Raspberry PI OpenVPN Server. I am using a DDNS service to update my external dynamic IP address.

Within the Port Forwarding of the Firewall section, I have added a UDP for Port 1194 as described by Darkfire on page 1 of this thread.

I have tried various levels on the general firewall settings.

Still cannot get anything to connect externally.

Is there any issues with port 1194 on the Hub One?

Red

Hello all,

I'm hoping somebody can help me. I recently bought FIFA 17 for Xbox1. The problem I've been having is incessant lag online and it's basically unplayable. Initially I contacted Microsoft who ran me through a procedure whereby I set up a static IP address for my console. They then advised me to contact Plusnet to get help with the port forwarding. I rang your team who advised me to come here. I have followed the instructions regarding entering the ports numbers, however, the problem remains. My NAT type is open and in the online lobby I have 3 green bars indicating a good connection. I'd be grateful for any advice please as this problem is vexing me. Thanks

LukeHarding96

I need help with portfowarding I've tried portfowarding for the Xbox one using the ports stated and it comes up with a messege saying sorry your unable to access content