cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding

legume
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding

You shouldn't need to do anything for outbound ports on a home router they are already open.
alexemmaburns
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Darkfire
Plusnet Hub One
As I am using the Xbox One as an example I will open the ports Microsoft recommends however you will need to replace these with the ports your application requires
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

For anyone playing Black Ops 3 on the Xbox one another port that needs added to the list is 3075 UDP.  I now play with an open nat thanks to this port being forwarded and all the ones above that Darkfire mentions.
lauraplusnet

Hi darkfire
Please help.. i put in the forwarding ports and named it xbox live as instructed but when i go to 'assigned to' it does not find my device, just my computer and a phone in the house. Androidj4afuoauor eg...
I tried plugging the internet directly into the xbox and it works but blocks all messaging. i have not tried a game on there though. Also will not let me access settings.
Any advice other than smashing my new plusnet router to bits?
thanks
Laura
lauraplusnet

Hello.
I was using my plusnet connection through my bt homehub 4 and it was working fine for my xboxone. I then changed to a plusnet router and it seems to have broke the xboxone. I can log on to the xboxone but it dont let me click anything (games/settings/messages). I tried the port forwarding but the plusnet router wouldnt find my xbox on the assign devices box. Obviously i phoned plusnet to ask for assistance and they said ''no we no help''. So i gave up and plugged my bt homehub 4 back in and yes that can find my xbox but i still cant click on anything. Argg... plusnet router broke my xbox.
legume
Rising Star

Strange, what do you mean by it won't let you click anything? I mean I assume the controller is actually working OK but you can't do anything?
The xbone does tend to do security checks when it thinks it's been moved, maybe you need to look into settings/doing some sort of authentication.
Does it behave the same if the router is off and you start up the the xbone from powered off (unplugged)?
Edit: also which router is it?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/index.shtml?supporta=setupguides
I would consider a factory reset - there are instructions above.
Mick1173
Grafter

Black Ops 3 has Moderate Nats for me but i have now opened ports 3075 and they are still Moderate. Any ideas why ?
legume
Rising Star

That would be a lot easier to answer if  we didn't have to deal with locked down routers with unknown behavior  Cry
Which router/console do you have?
You use plurals, but I assume you only have one game console?
If you are really lucky it may work tomorrow!
Mick1173
Grafter

It is an Xbox One Console and Hub One Router.
alexemmaburns
Rising Star

Quote from: Mick1173
Black Ops 3 has Moderate Nats for me but i have now opened ports 3075 and they are still Moderate. Any ideas why ?

Hi Mick have you forwarded the other ports as well? In the same way darkfire mentioned in an earlier post? (How to do it exactly is in reply#2)
These are the ports..
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)
Port 3075 (UDP)
legume
Rising Star

I don't have a hub one, so it's hard to say why it's not working for you.
If you didn't forward udp 3074 as well that could be it (I am not convinced you need all of those ports).
When a lone xbone uses upnp it only opens udp 3074 and BO3 will open 3075.
Looking at the plusnet port forwarding help for the hub one it reads like upnp is on by default.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/hub-one-user-guide.shtml
I don't know if that's the case or not, but if it is/was on, then that could hamper your port forwarding.
It would be handy if upnp alone just worked - for a single xbox and BO3 it should work - but then that could depend on
whether the DHCP hands out the same address for the xbone all the time. If it doesn't then BO3 could suffer from that as it's
a bit "special" when it comes to upnp and expects IGD2 behavior.
For extra LOLs the xbone currently can't even use IGD2 its self - microsoft aware no timeline for fix. Though I doubt the hub one uses IGD2 anyway
but assuming its DHCP always gives out the same address IGD1 upnp should still work with a single BO3 (but not multiple).

alexemmaburns
Rising Star

I think the biggest problem with Black ops 3 is Activision servers, the matchmaking is terrible, instead of putting us in lobby's with UK people it puts us on foreign servers where the connection is terrible, I asked Activision support why it does this and they blamed it on my poor upload speeds, saying my upload is too low and I should call my ISP and complain so they basically blamed it on the internet providers, to be fair in this day and age less that 1mb upload is terrible imho.
When we go into a game with British people the flow feels much better and the lag less I think Activision need to stop blaming out interwebz and sort out their shoddy matchmaking system.
legume
Rising Star

Hmm, maybe it also depends on what game type/time of day.
We usually play hardcore kill confirmed and almost always land on a "real" (microsoft registered IP address) server in Ireland.
Rarely we have a bad game and I have seen one of us host once, but mostly it's OK.
Edit: I suppose there is a small chance that your IP address is seen as non UK, historically at least, some plusnet ranges have been seen by some sites as non UK.
alexemmaburns
Rising Star

We play hardcore domination loads of fun, I'm quite good at it when I get put on UK servers but when we get put on the foreign servers I can't kill anything.  I dunno if what you say about the IP address being seen as foreign is maybe what the issue is but it sounds like if that is the case then there probably isn't a way around this Sad
legume
Rising Star

If you have a dynamic address you'll get a different on just from dropping your ppp session - maybe look what your current one is first to get an idea of what range.
It may well be nothing to do with IP addresses anyway. If you have a static address then I don't think those were in the problem range anyway.
alexemmaburns
Rising Star

Myip address only changes when I drop the ppp connection how would I know what is a UK based up?