cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premium

bergie

Plusnet Premium

Hi,
Im going to join Plusnet on th 15th December onwards coming from virgin after some major issues playing online with call of duty modern warfare on Ps3, i managed to leave as they did not solve my issue within 3 weeks and so have now come to plus net with the hope of just getting a constant good enough signal to play online as this is the sole reason i wanted the internet for.
I have joined the above package due to it download limits on a no contract as the deal itself is much cheaper than virgin in the long run and i was wondering if this is sufficient and is adequate for my gaming... Issue is that i get maybe 20-25hours a week of gaming much to the annoyance of the partner.lol. And so i needed relatively high download limit to cope with that and also my partner doing the odd bit of net searching and youtube.
So is this the right package and how are Plus net as a company, i dont see how they can be worse than virgin but time will tell hopefully they are what i dream of.lol
3 REPLIES 3
Euge
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Premium

Welcome to the forums Bergie,
I used to struggle to stay below the 15GB limit on the gaming package (regularly going over 20GB) so I moved onto unlimited but the new 80GB premium package seems ample for online gamers and casual internet users.
Myst
Grafter

A quick read of the forums will give you an insight to PN.
Some think its the best thing since sliced bread, others can't wait to get away!
There are/were issues with balancing the network which has plagued some for the last few weeks. It has been fixed allegedly, however some including me are still having issues from time to time, in particular latency.
Support seems a bit haphazard reading some of the posts, again some are very happy, others seem to go un answered for days on end
No problems on up time to date at least that is stable.
Overall It's a case of suck it and see and hopefully you won't have any problems
bergie

yeah i have read them and like i expect with any company there are people who are happy and others who are not, i was with virgin and there were no good comments on their forums ever so this is an improvement for me.lol.
I mean i just hope i got good ping and signal for ps3 cos thats all i want really, nothing else.lol. i would even pay jus for perfect signal for ps3 alone and no other use, thats how bad i want it  Cheesy