cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation Network Port Forwarding Issue

yecniv

Playstation Network Port Forwarding Issue

Hello

I am having issue connecting to the Playstation Network on all of my devices. I have confirmed it is an issue with my Plusnet Hub One as I am able to  connect my devices with no issue on other networks.

Of course the first thing I did was contact Sony first to see what they could do.
They told me to unblock several ports on my router to be able to connect.
Here is what they said:

" Make sure your firewall is not blocking your connection to PSN. Open the following ports in your router:

• TCP: 80, 443, 465, 983, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 8080, 10070 – 10080
    • UDP: 3474, 3475, 3478(PSN), 3479(PSN), 3658(GRA ON-LINE), 5658(GT 5), 10070

Remote Play via Internet requires (if your router does not support UPnP):
    • TCP: 9293
    • UDP: 9293 "

I followed a handy guide on the Plusnet forum (the one that is called "Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding")
And have set up my router like so. Please see the image I attached. 

Now I have followed the guide clearly but I have two issues.

1)I am still unable to connect to the Playstation Network

2)I can only select one device for this port forwarding. I tried making copies of the settings with different names but it still would not allow to me to select these copies for the other devices. 

Is there something I am missing here? 
Any help would be appreciated as I have been having these issues since late July. 

To clarify I am able to connect to the Playstation Network on my internet if I restart the Plusnet Hub but this is only temporary. I have also tried factory resetting my router and this did help for a couple of days but the problems returned. 

7 REPLIES 7
ghos7
Grafter

Re: Playstation Network Port Forwarding Issue

m8 if you have a spare router use that instead.the plusnet hub is not good for gaming as i found out for myself.i had slow console speeds and random dc from games.on a decent router you should only need upnp on.
Fuzzybee
Dabbler

I play Destiny on PS4 with my son and weather we can connect to each other is very hit and miss, I recently phoned Plusnet and they sent me a Hub One.

After a few weeks of losing connection, being unable to connect with my sons pS4 etc I now seem to have solve the issue. Don't put your ps4 in the routers DMZ, don't forward any ports just make sure upnp is enabled. It works for me and my son via two consoles on the same network, one over wi fi, one using home plugs. 

Fuzzybee
Dabbler

Also give your ps4 a static IP address 

yecniv

None of the suggestions here have helped me. Still unable to connect to PSN. 

ghos7
Grafter

factory reset the plusnet hub first then copy what fuzzybee did and then disable upnp extended security.on your devices make sure they are set to auto ip. but my gaming problems went when i changed router and set mtu to 1492. i hope this helps.
tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Alternatively you could buy a new router which will deal with all of these issues.  Plenty of options from about £40-£50 depending on what features you need.

yecniv

So I tried ghos7 recommendation and it actually worked until now. The same problem has manifested yet again.