cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 stict NAT type help

jada91

PS3 stict NAT type help

hi, i have recently  had fiber installed but am now getting a strict NAT type when trying to play Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 on ps3 which is some times stopping me from joining friends or games. i have tried putting the router in gaming mode, turning off fire wall and made sure UPnP is on but still no luck. can some one please help or have any suggestions on what i can do? i rang up customer service but they did not have a clue what i was on about when i told them  Sad
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: PS3 stict NAT type help

Hi there,
You can try and change your NAT type, follow this guide and see if that helps.
meanalf

Re: PS3 stict NAT type help

Quote from: jada91
hi, i have recently  had fiber installed but am now getting a strict NAT type when trying to play Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 on ps3 which is some times stopping me from joining friends or games. i have tried putting the router in gaming mode, turning off fire wall and made sure UPnP is on but still no luck. can some one please help or have any suggestions on what i can do? i rang up customer service but they did not have a clue what i was on about when i told them  Sad

I feel for you, they were equally useless with me when I had the same problem, easiest fix is to give your ps3 a static IP address by manually inputting it into you connection settings on ps3, then in your router settings you will need to access via PC/lappy/ipad - put the static IP adress you have given your pc and add it to a DMZ which is found quite easily in the advanced router settings