cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put PS4 into a DMZ with the Technicolor TG582n FTTC.

steviebaby1
Dabbler

How to put PS4 into a DMZ with the Technicolor TG582n FTTC.

Hi.
Can anyone help me please. I am thinking of putting the PS4 into a DMZ, so can anyone show me how to put PS4 into a DMZ with the Technicolor TG582n FTTC please.
I ask this because I did it with all my PS3's and found it very beneficial on a lot of the weird acting EA servers, and also pretty much eliminated the usual server disconnects etc.
I have heard that it can be quite easy to do with these newer routers etc, but don't know how to do it. Would someone be so kind as to help me with this please.
Thank you in advance for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: How to put PS4 into a DMZ with the Technicolor TG582n FTTC.

I think it's under Toolbox > Firewall
In terms of security, putting a device as DMZ isn't best practice because you are essentially making that device fully open to the outside world. Although I understand your dilemma with wanting the PS4 to work perfectly online.
steviebaby1
Dabbler

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
Not too sure if I have done this right, but I followed your instructions in a fashion.
I fired up the PS4, went to Network settings, looked at "Details" section and made a note of the IP number for the PS4. Went into the router settings on the PC, found the PS4 and with the same IP number showing as other device connected to the relevant "ethport1" then went into the DMZ part under toolbox from the home network tab and saw an ip number already there, all I did then was to change the last digit to match the one showing on the TV screen for the IP number of the PS4 and hit the button "Enable" for the DMZ thing.
Is this right?
Many thanks.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi superfast1,
That sounds like you've added it to the DMZ correctly, as long as the IP is correct in that section and the DMZ is enabled you should have no restrictions on traffic to that device.
Have you noticed any changes to the way the PS4 is running online?
steviebaby1
Dabbler

Hi Acassim.
Nope, not noticed anything whatsoever.
I'm checking with some other BF4 gamers and forum users in this thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119603.112.html as to weather or not they think I should turn off UPNP, I just can't make my mind up if it should be Off or On?
Thanks again.