cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely high ping on rust?

Glassy13
Hooked

Re: Extremely high ping on rust?

They  apparently fixed this issue this morning around 9am however im still affected! Sad

Bouncer

Same here, Issue was apparently fixed but my lag spike is now as high as 15000ms via the rust console, That's double what it was before the fix!

Spoke to someone at PlusNet who knows what they are talking about, The issue that was marked as "solved" is still affecting about 15,000 customers. If your IP starts 14x. you are on the equipment that is [-Censored-]ed. I asked for a static IP and it solved my issue instantly.

Also noticed that PlusNet has Rust tagged as an Interactive service so it has "gold priority" not the Titanium it should have

LucageArts
Dabbler

Just checked now and my IP starts with 192.

Jumped on a server and I'm still getting bad lag spikes and disconnects.

Glassy13
Hooked

Just changed my ip to static and my ip starts with 19x. This has stopped me going above 5000ms but still not able to play what so ever. Also ran me down £5 for the static ip...

Bouncer

What sort of ping are you getting in the rust console? What sort of issue are you getting that is making it unplayable?

Glassy13
Hooked

Ill get 50 ping for like 3 seconds then it would spike to 1000 for a few seconds then 3000 for a few then slowly drop back down, back down to 50 and then it would repeat. Therefore i am constantly lagging/rubber banding and making it impossible to open doors/mine resources. I have tried PVP and my enemies are stuttering everywhere.

Bouncer

When I called last night they guy spoke to someone and said the equipment Server Stack (possibly Access rack) starting 213 is what is causing issues I asked for a static IP with was assigned from Server stack 195.

Before I done all this I also discovered. Atleast with the server I am using Plusnet has it marked as an interactive service and not as as Online Gaming & VoIP.

Perhaps that is giving you issues.

There is a (empty) server called Hot Feet Forever you'll find me on there at the momment if you want to test any ideas.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We're still looking into issues causing packet loss.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

LucageArts
Dabbler

Glad to hear it Bob. Smiley

LucageArts
Dabbler

Was thinking about giving Rust another go tonight. Has this issue been resolved now? Smiley

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

There have been reports of users seeing an improvement since Friday last week after a tweet stating that a fix has been implemented. Worth giving it another shot Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

LucageArts
Dabbler

Great news! Look forward to try it out again. Thanks!

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Any update?   Working better now?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
LucageArts
Dabbler

I've only been on low pop servers so far, so not sure how much of a difference that makes.

I will try a high pop one as soon as I can and will let you know.

LucageArts
Dabbler

Played in an event on the weekend with a decent amount of players on Rust. Everything was hunky dory.