cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

When that happens, can you browse the web as normal?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I've given up trying to get xbox one and destiny working smoothly with the plusnet router and just put the xbox on DMZ, not had any issues since
DeathCubeK
Grafter

Quote from: Haffoc
Quote from: Ryoga
Quote from: ghos7em1
if upnp extended security is disabled only thing you can do is use dmz option,if that dont sort your problem then you will have to buy a better router

uPnP Extended Security has been turned off now. Will find out if that has helped. Nope, didn't help one bit. Still getting 'Beaver' error message upon connecting to the Tower part of the game.

When the error happens, are you able to see the Technicolor router?
The reason I ask is that Destiny seems to do something funky to mine. At the time I get disconnected and get an error, the router will show only the broadband led, then the ethernet, Internet and wifi leds, then the broadband led, then back to ethernet internet wifi. It will repeat this about 5 times, then either resets, or recconects.
Destiny is the only time this happens, so its something the game is doing.

I am having exactly the same problem with Destiny on PS4 with the tg582n. When the Destiny connection drops, my router seems to  hitch and I  lose connection with my phone too. My ps4 is wired, so it's not the wifi. Making it unplayable.
ghos7em1
Grafter

i got the game today and got the same problems,i disabled firewall and enabled dmz now game feels smooth  Smiley wish gears of war was this easy to fix.i disabled firewall because i only use my connection for gaming.i checked firewall logs before and the firewall was blocking connections.if you disable firewall make sure ur pc,phones etc have firewalls.
infectededen
Grafter

How do you enable DMZ?
Is this a setting available when going into the router via PC?
I'm not at home so can't give it a go right now.

I get loads of connection issues when playing Destiny. Plusnet tested my line and said there were no disconnections - hwoever when using speedtest.net 20 times on Sunday evening I seen the connection drop for 1-2 seconds every 5 minutes or so - the speed would be 65-70 during the test but at some point drop to 0.
When playing Destiny, chatting to friends and streaming live sport on Laptop, chat and stream would stop at the exact same time that Destiny lost connection. However, I recently tried those things without Destiny and they worked all night without issue.
So it's as if Destiny is dropping, which then does something to the router - not fully disconnecting it (so plusnet don't see an issue) but it glitches it enough to lose connection very briefly.
7/10 evenings it's totally fine - so it's not a massive issue but when it does happen it's really bad
ghos7em1
Grafter

are you using technicolor router?problem with that router m8 its got too much security ie ids,firewall.for gaming its a poor router.i wouldnt advice you to put pc in dmz.a console yes because never heard of a console being hacked and ive been gaming 10 years.what do ur router firewall log say?anything show up on being blocked on ids?
Kelly
Hero

Do you all see what infectededen sees?  It sounds like when Destiny drops for him, all other connectivity ceases too?
Kelly Dorset
ghos7em1
Grafter

internet went off once for me but turning off firewall and using dmz not had any problems since.still lagging on gow 2 tho Grin
Kelly
Hero

Are you guys Fibre or ADSL?
Kelly Dorset
waxwellwax

I have had the same issues since buying an Xbox One on Monday.
I have had no problem with Titanfall or Xbox live chat, tried to play Destiny last night and it kept kicking me out, telling me i wasn't connected etc despite talking to a friend through headset at the same time.
I tried connecting to modem directly via ethernet, that didn't work, I forwarded all the required ports, I turned router firewall off, I disabled UPNP, I put the console in a DMZ and it hasn't appeared to have worked - albeit when I removed the port forward and kept just DMZ on it seemed it may have done something but it was late by then so had to call it a day.
Spoke to the plusnet rep while doing all this and they were very helpful and did go above and beyond in guiding me through things including trying to connect via PPPOE to discover whether this could be fixed (something we discovered that cannot be done with ease on the xbox)
In the end hes sending me a new router which both he and I have little hope for. I may have to try a better router considering the Technicolour one is absolutely awful and seems to enjoy restricting alot of things.
If anyone has any fix for this or if Plusnet could release some kind of official post about this it would be helpful - In regards to the last few posts I had two other people next to me who had zero issues in connecting to e-mails or online poker, I also had no issue talking to a friend again over xbox live chat or any issue playing titanfall online
Kelly
Hero

He shouldn't have sent you a new router.  If there is a problem with the 582 with Destiny, it will affect them all, or a firmware, rather than an individual router.
Please retry with the XBone in the DMZ without the forwarding rules.  It's likely that with the Xbox in the DMZ, but with the forwarding rules in place that you'll have found issues.
Kelly Dorset
waxwellwax

I will be having another go tonight as soon as im back from work with just the xbox in the DMZ. I will post back - it was disconnecting every 5-10 minutes last night and then once it had disconnected it wouldn't connect again for 30 minutes.
As for the new router I requested it, he explained it wouldn't do anything but considering at this point I was at the end of my tether I said I might as well try all possibilities - especially if I have to go and purchase another router - not something im keen on having just spend £400 on bloody xbox!!
Kelly
Hero

Has it arrived yet?  Test again with the current one and the Xbone in the DMZ and if that doesn't work then swap it over and see if you see a difference Smiley
Kelly Dorset
waxwellwax

I dont think the new one will arrive until tomorrow at the earliest as it was only ordered at half 11 last night.
Will try with my current one and check all my settings again to ensure its only in the DMZ without ports forward.
One question with that - I set my Xbox One's IP address as static when I forwarded all the ports, when putting the Xbox in the DMZ should I keep the IP static or uncheck that?
ghos7em1
Grafter

if you ticked always use same ip in router then just put the same ip in dmz.on xbox 0ne use automatic settings.make sure upnp is on cus think dmz didnt work for me when upnp was disabled,.must be a bug with latest fibre firmware.