Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 5 - Connection Issues.

popsakill
Hooked

Battlefield 5 - Connection Issues.

Hello.

I recently swapped ISP to Plusnet from Sky and since then have no longer been able to connect to any game servers on Battlefield 5.

Anytime I try it comes up with the following message:

Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game

As I haven't seen anyone else on various Battlefield forums posting with this issue I have no reason to think this is some current EA issue with servers.  This has also persisted for several days without resolve so I'm thinking the issue is this end rather than theirs.

Things I have tried:

- Repairing the game

- IPConfig flushing

- Port Forwarding

- DMZ'ing / Disabling Firewall

- Resetting the router

Any help?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
popsakill
Hooked

Re: Battlefield 5 - Connection Issues.

Still happening, the XBox companion app test in Windows 10 says there is an issue with my NAT type... ISP issue?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to our community forums @popsakill 

Some more things to try:

• Is the broadband firewall enabled on your account? Change the settings from Here.
  • Do you have issues with other games?
  • Is your computer connecting to the router wirelessly or on a wired connection?
  • Are you using the router we provide? Hub One on fibre or Hub Zero on ADSL
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
popsakill
Hooked

- Broadband firewall is disabled.

- Just installed and tried Battlefield 1, did the same thing.  It seems to login to the account stuff fine and let you customise stuff, it's just on joining servers it gives the message.

- Wired connection.

- Hub One.

popsakill
Hooked

Still doing it Sad

popsakill
Hooked

Okay so my contract is up and it's the day of my swap over back to Sky.  I've had this issue above in both Battlefield 5 and Battlefront 2 for the duration of my Plusnet contract.

This issue disappeared immediately upon returning to Sky.  As I knew from the start, this issue was entirely on the end of Plusnet and they don't seem all too bothered to do anything about it.