cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Check Please

kdcooke
Hooked

Re: Profile Check Please

Thank you.  I'm not sure what else an engineer can do to be honest.   I will let you know on the appointment ASAP. 

Just to confirm and to help me understand - on the BTW speedtest additional diags does it shows my upload IP profile as 20mbps which makes sense being on a 80/20 service, however my download profile states: 'IP Profile for your line is 44.79 Mbps'.  Should the profile be 80mbps?  That would make more sense to me.  Picture below.  Also, I have attached my router stats - in case anything looks interesting. 

Screenshot 2022-02-12 211933.pngUsing a TP link at the moment - same results with the PlusNet HubUsing a TP link at the moment - same results with the PlusNet Hub

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Thanks for getting back to me Kevin,

There could be an issue on the line outside or at the cabinet (the green box) that may be stopping your router from receiving a higher speed.

No problem, the download IP profile should be between 90 to 96% of the sync speed, so it looks correct. 

Let me know if you’ve got any further queries. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kdcooke
Hooked

Good morning, the second engineer has been and gone this morning and no real change in terms of speed.  A different engineer attended this time and I was told a similar story in terms of the line is good, testing well, no resistance, etc.   I did point out what the line is estimated to achieve in terms of speed, but he said its the best my line could obtain.  He also confirmed that i'm about 400 to 450m from the cab, again that suggests to me I should be getting better speeds.

Not sure there is much worth in continuing with the fault, as much as it would be lovely to obtain better speeds that I probably should get based on my distance from the cabinet, its stable and it works.  I was getting about 47/48 down before today's visit, that's gone back a little bit to 43/44 - hopefully, that will pick back up soon.  Upload load remains consistent at 13/14. 

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number: +081441+NQ83623388
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 13/03/19
4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 00:21:20
6. Data rate: 15702 / 46891
7. Maximum data rate: 15785 / 54372
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation: 18.7 / 16.8
10. Signal attenuation: 18.6 / 16.8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Hi Kevin, cheers for the update.

I'm sorry to see the engineer wasn't able to improve your speeds and they've even dropped a little. I agree with you, in that it'd be great to get better speeds, but based on the engineering investigation and if the speeds you're currently getting don't stop you doing from what you want to do on the internet, it may be best to leave things here. 

Personally, on my broadband at home I get around 45mbps which is ~10mbps below my estimated speed range too, and I find that it works well with 4-5 people in the house, so I haven't thought about raising it. 

Let me know if you do have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet