500/75 - £41.99

900/115 - £51.99

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Plusnet Full Fibre

@goldenfibre wrote:

Why Compatible line required? 

I'm not sure, where is this written? It might be referring to the fibre line as the compatible line. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I guess it means that you can actually have fibre run to your house.
It's still a 'line' of fibre.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

Has the forum jumped the gun, I see no Full Fibre Product on the website.🤔

However this looks interesting  ....... Plusnet Full Fibre Installation 

Shame I can't get FTTP ☹️

Interesting video. It talks about the OTE being installed near where the fibre comes into the premise, the router being very near the OTE, and that there needs to be a double socket there.

I'm wondering what flexibility there may be. If I went for full fibre, I would need the OTE and router at the back of the house so that I could connect the computer to the router with ethernet rather than wifi. But the fibre would have to come in at the front (it is a terrace and I don't think they would be interested in going over the roof).

Does anyone know whether an installation engineer would be expected/be willing to run an internal link (presumably of fibre) from the front to the back of the house so that I could put the OTE at the back? There are other reasons why I would not want the OTE & router at the front of the house so the option of putting them there and myself running an ethernet cable to the back doesn't really work.

On the question of sockets, I would have thought that an extension lead would also work? The boxes won't be taking much power.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@BrightonRock 

As one of the older FTTP customers from the defunct trial, I use an extension lead to power my router, ONT and VOIP phone adaptor so in reality a double socket isn't needed. The current draw is minimal across all 3 devices.

No idea about the routing of the cables internally though.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Teece
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@BrightonRock wrote:

Interesting video. It talks about the OTE being installed near where the fibre comes into the premise, the router being very near the OTE, and that there needs to be a double socket there.

I'm wondering what flexibility there may be. If I went for full fibre, I would need the OTE and router at the back of the house so that I could connect the computer to the router with ethernet rather than wifi. But the fibre would have to come in at the front (it is a terrace and I don't think they would be interested in going over the roof).

Does anyone know whether an installation engineer would be expected/be willing to run an internal link (presumably of fibre) from the front to the back of the house so that I could put the OTE at the back? There are other reasons why I would not want the OTE & router at the front of the house so the option of putting them there and myself running an ethernet cable to the back doesn't really work.

You don't need the router near the OTE - my OTE is at the front of the right-hand side of the house, but my router is in a cupboard in the middle of the house. It's a standard network cable connection, so the standard network cable limits apply - any appropriate length of CAT5 will be fine.

Regarding placement of the OTE - from others' experiences, the OR engineer will happily run fibre EXTERNALLY from the box where the OR fibre is spliced to the fibre that will connect to your ONT to a place on the exterior of your house before drilling the hole - I think our neighbours have their ONT upstairs, for example. I was lucky in that I had a spare network port right next to the splice box, so there was very little cable needed. If you don't have the option of such an external routing, then you might be OK having the ONT at the front, and then running network cable to the router at the back. 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@BrightonRock 

It is highly unlikely an OR engineer would run internal cable for you. In my case, they did run it round the skirting board so it was at the back of the front room instead of beside the entry point near the window.

Because the router connects by Ethernet cable you can have it in the back of your house - even if the ONT is at the front. You simply need to run cable - which is what you asked if OR could do.

Brian

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Intersting to see what call packages they have - presumably Voip to go with FTTP

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

From the prices provided by @northender and @Teece , has anyone else noticed the Plusnet prices are greater than BT Retail?

145 - £33.99  (BT £30.99)

300/50 - £37.99

500/75 - £41.99  (BT £40.99)

900/115 - £51.99  (BT £50.99)

From BT website for my postcode:

0bt.jpg

I thought Plusnet prices would be lower than BT.

What am I overlooking?Huh

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Teece
Rising Star

@pint wrote:

Intersting to see what call packages they have - presumably Voip to go with FTTP

From what I heard, no call packages, no VOIP option.

bmc
Hero

@pint wrote:

No phone service - look at post #23 by Gandalf

Brian

bmc
Hero

@bill888 

I believe you're looking at end of contract prices. New contract prices are similar to FTTC and are "negotiable".

You can also get 40 or 80 down products.

Brian

archerry
Aspiring Pro

@pint

From what @Gandalf wrote in post #23, VOIP is not on offer from Plusnet.

Edit: beaten to the reference by others.

@Gandalf

Your post implies that we do not have an option to take FTTP on our current account name, AND transfer our telephone number to a third party VOIP service. Is this correct?

Regards,

Alistair

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Yes that is correct, the port of the phone number causes a cease on the line / account.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@archerry wrote:

@Gandalf

Your post implies that we do not have an option to take FTTP on our current account name, AND transfer our telephone number to a third party VOIP service. Is this correct?

I think you're understanding that correctly @archerry , which also implies to me a loss of the associated email account.  If so, ISTM that PN might need to reconsider the decision to drop email only accounts.  Undecided