Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line after FTTP install

jimscott
Grafter

Phone line after FTTP install

Hi,

Can someone from PlusNet help here. We had FTTP installed a few weeks ago and our previous ADSL broadband connection is currently in line to be stopped. However when I try and make an outgoing phone call about 70% of the time I get a voice message stating:

"You are not registered to use this service. Please contract your service provider for more information."

The other 30% of the time I can make a outgoing call no problem.

Is this a PlusNet problem with the phone line now we have moved to FTTP?

Also we are only getting about 20Mbps on out FTTP. Can this be increased please.

Thanks

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Phone line after FTTP install

As far as I'm aware your ADSL service should have been cancelled the day you moved to FTTP.

Is your download speed of 20 on wired or WiFi?

Brian

jimscott
Grafter

Hi Brian,
We had BT Openreach complications when FTTP was installed and the job was not closed after a fault during the install. PlusNet support then tried to push the ADSL cancellation when our FTTP started working. We also paid for the line rental upfront and we are still in contract for that so we could not cancel the phone line just the ADSL part needs canceled.

Speed is slow on both wireless and wired. Upload speed is great and as expected.
Jim
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Jim. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing troubles with your phone service.

Testing your phone line isn't finding any issues.

I've created a new ticket on your account here with steps to take in order to progress this as a fault.

With regards to your speeds, your FTTP order hasn't yet completed so we'll need to chase this up with our suppliers.

We'll let you know when we've got more info.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet