cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage?

Raxiel
Dabbler

Outage?

All day today, the hub has been alternating between blue and orange. 

Did the diagnostic on the web interface and it told me to call CS which I did. They told me I'm part of a "major outage" that started yesterday morning about 10am and was expected to be resolved by 6pm tonight.

Given there was nothing much else to be done about it I thanked the rep and turned on my hotspot to see out the day.

Thing is, it's gone six and its still happening. Is there a service status page anywhere that covers the problem and when its expected to be resolved? I can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Also, the rep told me to factory reset the router at six as well. I've not reset it but I did restart it. Do I actually need to do a factory reset? I'll do it if I have to, but I don't want to go to the trouble of reconfiguring it (I have some IP configuration stuff on the LAN side) if its not actually going to help.

When it does work, it works fine, the blue light just doesn't last.

23 REPLIES 23
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 282

Re: Outage?

You have posted on the Full Fibre board - are you FTTP or FTTC? And where are you/which exchange?

John
Raxiel
Dabbler

It's FTTP, Chesterfield exchange.
jab1
Legend

OK - where? I may be able to check, no guarantees, as I don't know if my source picks up FTTP faults yet.

John
jab1
Legend

There are a number Full Fibre fault reports on my source, but unfortunately the identifiers don't mean much - roughly when did it start, do you know?

John
Raxiel
Dabbler

Actually, you got me thinking, and after checking Nextdoor, turns out a few people in the town are having issues on other ISPs, so it probably is the exchange end.

CS said it started yesterday morning around 10, matches nextdoor, but I did have problems until today.
jab1
Legend

OK - give me a chance, and I'll see if I can narrow it down. May take a while, but I'll see what I can find.

John
jab1
Legend

Thanks, @Dan_the_Van . Strangely enough, there are no reports in the Chesterfield area of FF issues on the official OR reporting tool - or at least the one I use, which is on Zen, and I have been told that is a 'copy' of the OR information.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 88

@jab1 

I did look at the Zen site, unusually not much help.

I did a search on "broadband outage in Chesterfield" and those were some of the results.

Dan

M3SNU-Steve
Dabbler

Same thing happening to me in Chesterfield, been dropping connections all day. 

jab1
Legend

i find it strange that our source doesn't list the problem, @Dan_the_Van  - there are only three FF reports in the last couple of days on there and the nearest I can find to Chesterfield is Basford (Nottingham area, IIRC?)

John
Raxiel
Dabbler

Curiously, Virgin don't have their own network here, they're just using the open reach infrastructure like the others. Wonder if they're genuinely not affected or just no reports from their customers
jab1
Legend

I didn't know Virgin used the OR network anywhere - in fact I find it a bit strange, as their technology is somewhat different, but if you say so...

EDIT; to add - having done some checking VM do not use OpenReach infrastructure.

John
Raxiel
Dabbler

Well, they're at least using their poles. They only became available here when FTTP became available on the other providers.