Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Harry B

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Message for Harry B

Apologies for the error on the package details, I seem to have somewhat filled them out on auto-pilot.

I've added further comments advising of the correct speeds/cost for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

Hi Harry,

Any updates?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great timing, looks like we had confirmation of some appointments about an hour or two ago.

I've updated the ticket Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Col
Dabbler

As you probably know, we are up and running and all is good. Thanks for your help.

Next thing, I have installed Vonage and so am looking to port the phone number. I have done the form on line with Vonage and they have, apparently, sent it on to you. Do I need to do anything else? Do I also need to request a cessation of the copper wire or will this happen automatically? Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Colin.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Col, I'm not sure how simple this will be unfortunately.

@Col wrote:

I have installed Vonage and so am looking to port the phone number. I have done the form on line with Vonage and they have, apparently, sent it on to you.

@Col wrote:
Do I need to do anything else? Do I also need to request a cessation of the copper wire or will this happen automatically?

Following your post here back in March, we are no longer providing a phone line (and therefore phone number and copper service) to your property, as per the confirmation via the account here.

Unfortunately as we're no longer providing a phone line and haven't been for some time, a port request for the number in question will not have come through to us and I'm sorry to say I'm not sure if it would have since been picked up and provided to another customer with another provider.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

I have done the form on line with Vonage and they have, apparently, sent it on to you.

It's only possible to port an active phone number that you own, and the port automatically generates a cease on the phone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Col
Dabbler

Hi Harry, thanks for the reply.

I think we are at crossed purposes. The account I am refering to is my Mother's, . Her FTTP was completed this week.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Personal data removed from a public forum.

abac

Hello Harry,

Apologies to all for initiating a conversation by replying in a different thread. I found your responses to others very helpful hence an attempt to bring my question to your attention this way Smiley

I was trying to find a way to get fibre a bit closer to my premises as the last mile of copper makes all fibre offers more or less equal to a standard broadband -- 12/2Mbps Down/Up guaranteed, no more.

I came across people mentioning FFTPoD trial from Plus, but it looks that trials.plus.net is gone (or unavailable to non-Plus-yet customers). Is there a way I could still join the testing party? My exchange code is THWY (Wormley, Surrey) - 1.14km straight line rural distance.

Many thanks in advance!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@abac Enter your details in the dsl checker it will show what products are available to you, as well as speeds. However, I don't believe PN offer FTTP on Demand, if you were going on to the trial it would be on standard FTTP if available. 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@abac

Plusnet do not offer FTTPoD as was confirmed here last month https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/FTTPoD/m-p/1394694#M11650

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
abac

Thanks guys for your superfast response. Perhaps I should correct myself - I am not fixated on FTTPoD or any other technology choice, as long as it brings the fibre cable closer to my premises. We've here just got a pretty rotten copper line from the exchange (or such I was told), so no provider would guarantee above 12/2 (estimates are up to 20/2, but my neighbours did not get as much as that, closer to 16/2 may be 17Mbps on a good day, and it all still sounds like a good old broadband, not a fibre deal).

Would Plus.net try to do something to beat this?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @abac

Yeah, I can confirm that FTTPoD isn't something we're offering. I think the FAQs at https://community.plus.net/t5/custom/page/page-id/_FttpFaq best explain why it's not really practical for us to offer it at the moment. -Edit- Skip down to Question 40.

If the normal FTTP is available through www.dslchecker.bt.com you'll need to sign up to us via the regular sales route either online/over the phone, and then apply online at http://trials.plus.net

If FTTP isn't available to order, then we'll pretty much just have to keep our fingers crossed it's offered soon. It's not something we can request of Openreach/BT wholesale.

I hope this helps you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
abac

Hello Anoush,

Thanks for the pointers! Here are the results of the check (based on the address, as I'm with Sky at the moment so BT does not recognise my landline). WBC FFTP seems to be there?

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 19.25.27.png

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yeah from those results it indicates only FTTPoD is available I'm afraid Sad

I'm in the same position at my house with only the On Demand service being available too.

Fingers crossed you get it soon.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
abac

Okay, many thanks Anoush for your help!

Let's hope indeed that the taxpayers money allocated on upgrading rural Surrey did not escape some other way 🙂