cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

donka
Grafter

Re: Latest on FTTP?

Hmm. I left 2 years ago since there was no FTTP product on offer. Now looking to return but ideally would want the 900 product so seems like that is not an option.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@donka 

It might just be a website issue.

Give PlusNet Sales or Customer Options a phone - the latter is on 0800 013 2632

Brian

donka
Grafter

Thanks - I think I'll do just that and see what is available.

donka
Grafter

So I got on with Plus.net chat and asked about the 900 product. Was advised that it would bean available upgrade once you are a customer. I asked what the current pricing is for that product and they said they had no pricing information available since I wasn't a customer. Not sure how I can make an informed decision to switch back if they can't tell me how much something will cost! 🤔

Does anyone know the current monthly cost of the 900 package?

bmc
Hero

@donka 

FF500 might be around £39pm and FF900 £49pm

Brian

donka
Grafter

Yup, the main site shows 500 as £37.99 but nothing on the 900 package.

bmc
Hero

@donka 

Take £48.99pm as the current online offer (it was for me - I'm currently on the old FTTP Trial). Don't know what the end of contract price is.

Brian

donka
Grafter

Thanks. I just called about 10 mins ago and current Black Friday promotion is £47.99 for the 900 package. As much as TalkTalk customer service is pretty much non existent in my experience, their fibre service has been flawless for the 2 years. Hoping Plus.net is the same as I had a good experience with them for the prior 12 years.

donka
Grafter

So now TalkTalk are offering 900 package for £42 month on an 18th month contract. Wish they would make up their mind!

NaRyan
Grafter

Welp OpenReach were supposed to be out today between 08:00 & 13:00 to install the FTTP (yes I am still waiting for it!)

And it now after 13:00 and not a peep or show from OpenReach.

Once again more time wasted sitting around waiting for nothing to get done.

And as you might have guessed, I am not a happy person right now.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @NaRyan,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I've updated the open support ticket with a further response this afternoon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
NaRyan
Grafter

Yeah I am getting a little bit annoyed about all this carry on.

Waited about for hours yesterday, but got no contact from Openreach (so in my opinion they missed the appointment!)

Yet I am told an Engineer was here, and decided they cannot do the work needed.

And now today When checking both my Landline & Mobile I have missed calls from OpenReach (at 09:00).

So of course with not expecting any OpenReach related stuff today, my Mobile & Landline were set to silent, and my Doorbell was not switched on (no idea if, it was a visit or OpenReach phoning to organise a future visit).

In all honesty I am close to just saying forget it, and not bothering with the FTTP stuff.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @NaRyan,

I've updated the open support ticket with a further response this afternoon. I'll continue to monitor the progression of the case and let you know once a further update become available.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
NaRyan
Grafter

And today I finally got the FTTP upgrade done.

884.4 Mbps Down & 109.9 Mbps Up (according to Google speed test).

What a fun 2 months it has been, guess I can work on getting some of my sanity back now Smiley

Also big thanks to @TheMightyAJ for all his help and keeping me updated with what was going on.

Your help is very very much appreciated. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear that's all up and running now! Just let us know if you run into any further issues and I'll be happy to pick the case back up again Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team