Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Latest on FTTP?

Sweet. Let me know what they say.

Once they've added your actual address to their database, I'll raise the ORDI again. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@NaRyan,

Openreach have updated their records to show your service is registered to your flat number. 

BT's availability checker shows FTTP available against your landline number and our own systems show this as well.

So you should be able to order via our website now or by calling us on 0800 013 2632.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
NaRyan
Grafter

@Gandalf Hi.

Thank you for letting me know.

I have placed the order for FTTP & the Hub Two, and picked the date\time for the Openreach peeps.

So fingers crossed all goes well.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. Aye fingers crossed.

It's a 1 stage install though some external work's suggested first, but should hopefully be reasonably straight-forward. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
probedb
Rising Star

That moment you realise your install date is on the new bank holiday and your install date has been pushed back another month...but again without asking or confirming that the date and time is actually OK with you.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thank you for reaching out to us @probedb. I am sincerely sorry to hear about this, however due to circumstances beyond our control, I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to bring the installation date forward. I apologise for any inconvenience that this might have caused. If this date is inconvenient for you, please let us know and we can look at moving it to a more suitable date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
NaRyan
Grafter

Sad

Openreach peeps were just here and they cannot install the FTTP, due to the layout of the building.

Said they "might" be able to do it later on, but it would require scaffolding to be used.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi NaRyan, sorry to see things didn't go as hoped with that today. We'll get that chased up for you and get back to you with an update as soon as we can find more specifics about what the issue is. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NaRyan
Grafter

Yet another episode of "Confused Me".

Got an open ticket (started by support) about my issue with getting FTTP installed (yay for living in a house that Jack half built after he had been down the pub)

It states "review the view my job tracker on 07/10/22."

I have looked about and only thing close to that name I can see is "Order Tracker" in the Broadband page.

But that just lists info about my "Unlimited Fibre Extra" stuff from many moons ago.

So got no idea if that is the correct place to look, or if there is no new information yet.

So if it is the wrong thing and there is an Order Tracker, could some nice peep point me in the right direction.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry we've confused you. View My Job is an Openreach system we use to track orders, so that note will supposed to be for the next agent who looks at your ticket, although I can't see how it's come across as I'm not in the office now.

If one of my colleagues can't pick this up over the weekend (depending how busy they are), we will do on Monday. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @NaRyan,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. I've had a look into this today and it appears that there's been a delay to the completion of the order, due to underground network issues. Our Provisioning Team is continuing to monitor this closely and once an update becomes available, we'll let you know as soon as possible. 

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. If you've any further queries in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll be happy to help out wherever we can.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
NaRyan
Grafter

Thanks for the updates. 

Least I now know it was not me, just not being able to find something I was supposed to check on.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @NaRyan and I apologise again for any inconvenience that this might have caused. Give us a shout if you have any further queries or issues and we'll be happy to help out wherever we can Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
NaRyan
Grafter

Had the Openreach peep out today to look at how they will get the cable from the poll to my flat.

Going to have to get the ONT thing installed in my Kitchen, so kind of an annoying place for it to be.

But just means I will have to get some more network cable to run from the ONT box to where the Router will be located.

(Kitchen is at back of flat, Room where I keep all the router\switch\various Internet related toys is at front of flat, but that's what 30M flat Cat7 cable is for)

So it is progressing.

Although 1 issue the Openreach peep turned up & I had no idea he was coming today.

I did look at the support ticket that is open about the ongoing install things, and there is no mention about it in that either.

Although I did notice that it often says "[Email notification sent to:  <my email address here>" but I have never got any emails saying about updates to the tickets.

I have checked all email areas (including spam folder), but I do not see anything (I get the monthly bill ok to that email address), So no idea if your system is just not sending updates, or have I switched something off by accident? 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @NaRyan and I'm glad to hear that there's been some progress! Regarding the email issue, have you provided the same email for the broadband account as you have for this forum account?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team