cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

NaRyan
Grafter

Re: Latest on FTTP?

Well the work has been done, Openreach were out digging the streets up and laying the needed cables.

BT, SKY & TalkTalk have all sent their adverts out about how FTTP is now available, and how I can now get it from them.

And using the Plusnet Post Code checker (since if I add my phone number, it says I am already with Plusnet) it shows FTTP 500 as an option (see added screenshot).

And the Openreach site that is linked to also says I can get it.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@NaRyan  I reckon @EmilyD has got this wrong, maybe confusing you with another user or checking the wrong account.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@NaRyan  what does the BTW DSL checker say for your phone number? It looks like you used the adress checker last time.

NaRyan
Grafter

Says "FTTP is not available." when I use my phone number.

Wondering if it's with the daft issue I have with the place I live in.

If I just put in Post Code, then just pick House Number, Street name it either gives an error or just shows basic FTTC.

But if I put in Post Code, Flat Number, House Number & Street Name it shows FTTP.

Wonder if Plusnet has my address incomplete & is missing off the Flat Number Part & only has me down as House Number, Street Name.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@NaRyan  on the Bt checker (https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome) if you just enter the postcode and submit, it should give a list of addreses at that postcode. For each address , the 12 digit number after the postcode is the UPRN ( Unique property reference number)

You should then be able to go back to the phone no checker (https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL ) and enter the UPRN for the correct address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

To check/find your UPRN https://www.findmyaddress.co.uk/search

HTH

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Dan_the_Van very useful, didn't know about that. It's much easier to copy/paste from there into the BT checker

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@NaRyan 

It does appear there's confusion with your address. If the PlusNet website is allowing you to order then there's nothing to stop you placing an order.

As to the install that's a bit different. It might be delayed while OR figure out a way to reach your flat. They don't have to come in at the same point as your current cable but you'll only know once they've had a look at things on the ground.

Brian

probedb
Rising Star

@NaRyan I had the same issue, address showed different options from the phone number, took a few weeks for them both to sort themselves out. Now just waiting for the install 🙂

NaRyan
Grafter

Just checked on both sites and well they both give give different results be it just House No. , Street Name or Flat No. , House No. , Street Name.

Neither of them agree on the UPRN number, heck the UPRN that I get from BTW site is about double the number that the find my property website gives.

And when using the UPRN on BTW that I get from both sites they then start to disagree on what cabinet I am connected to.

FMP UPRN says Cabinet #

BTW UPRN says Cabinet ##

With all this confusion I think I will just go back to arguing with the toaster, least I usually win that one...

bmc
Hero

@NaRyan 

FTTP generally does not link back to your local exchange unless it's one of the thousand or so primary ones.

The Checker results have begun to give different information depending on whether you use phone number / UPRN or the post code version. With the latter you simply enter your post code and select your address from the drop down list.

With the first it'll show everything available for your address (as per your first image) along with your cabinet number and Exchange.

With the Post Code version it'll only shown two lines - WBC FTTP and VDSL Multicast along with the primary Exchange used for FTTP (if it's different from your local exchange).

At least mine does!!!!

Brian

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@NaRyan  You've got an address data base problem. If your phone number doesn't show FTTP that's the reason Plusnet think it's not available. It may take a bit of sorting but Plusnet should be able to raise what is known as a ORDI(Openreach Data Integrity) request to make sure that your phone number is registered at the correct address. First make sure Plusnet have the correct address i.e Flat No, House No etc. They should be able to get it fixed. If I was able to get FTTP (which Is unlikely for a long time) I would be pushing to get this sort of issue sorted. It's probably down to Openreach not keeping their records up to date.

NaRyan
Grafter

Just checked & looks like it is an issue with my address that Plusnet has.

They have it as House No. , Street, but do not have the Flat No. 

So that be why to them FTTP is not available for me, since the address with out the Flat No. info says no FTTP available for me.

bmc
Hero

@NaRyan 

I'm confused. The image you posted in #256 clearly shows the PlusNet system offering FTTP and is available to order online. It may be @EmilyD  looked at the wrong address.

If you want FTTP now then go and place an order. The worst thing that could happen is it gets rejected but then PlusNet staff will know there's something to fix.

I assume you know you lose your phone number when you change to PN FTTP.

Brian

NaRyan
Grafter

The image posted was by using post code then picking my address from the list (the address that lists the Flat No.)

And yeah I know phone number goes bye bye, and well good riddance to it, as a land line is something I have no need\use\want of, and I have been quite the "grumpy" person having to pay for something I don't need.