Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Latest on FTTP?

@probedb Sorry, that's me and my frustration with Pn's systems. You can safely ignore any communications with regard to this like that, the accounting system just doesn't recognise that the FTTP is still with Plusnet, so spits out these false messages.

John
probedb
Rising Star

OK cool, thank you 🙂

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@probedb as @jab1  ignore both the communication about ETC's and l'm sorry you're leaving, it's the automated system getting it wrong. I suspect that its due to the FTTP order ceasing your landline ( you do know you are losing it don't you ? )

Part of the automated system see's that and says 'customer must be leaving' , I'll send ETC charges and sorry.

Just ignore them, they're wrong...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@probedb can I ask when exactly you received the email about ETC charges please ?

I'm informed that the problem has been fixed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

probedb
Rising Star

2pm yesterday, "Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 31st August 2022 and will result in the cancellation of your Plusnet account."

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@probedb thanks, I've fed that information back

probedb
Rising Star

Many thanks 🙂

probedb
Rising Star

Bit of an update, router came through quickly so thanks @Gandalf ! However, I've now had a letter telling me about leaving and exit fees on top of the email and SMS.

Next, had an email through this morning saying my engineer visit is changed to a date and time I didn't choose and cannot make (technically I didn't ask for this slot so surely plusnet should pay the £65 missed visit?) and to top it off the order tracker says I have no open orders 🤔 Pretty sure I do.

I've opened another thread for that as that's not really to do with FF. But "could do better" springs to mind with this move.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

However, I've now had a letter telling me about leaving and exit fees on top of the email and SMS.

@probedb  a nuisance I agree, but ignore it. Although it is fixed, I'm informed that the fix involves the upgrade procedure making a slight change to the account which prevents the ETC notifications. Since your upgrade started before the fix , your account doesnt have this change and so the notifications are being sent.

NaRyan
Grafter

How long does it normally take Plusnet to update their systems so you can upgrade to FTTP.

Openreach done the work here a month or so ago, so it is available, and the 101 "adverts" from all the ISP's letting me know I can get it confirms it. And BT with their 10+ adverts sent to me yeah, nice waste of money and trees there BT.

If I look at my account I do not see any upgrade option, yet if I check my post code\address on Plusnet site it says I can get the 500 package.

Or is this caused by me renewing my Plusnet contract (to get a cheaper price), and being in a 18 month contract at the moment, although since I am not leaving Plusnet would have thought that would not be an issue. Or is that caused by the useless thing that is called Line Rental (have no need or want of a phone line), being included in the 18 month contract?

Added a screenshot of the BT checker thing, No idea if it needed. 

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@NaRyan 

Looking at your screenshot I noticed something I've not seen before - "alternate L2C solution required".  I suspect that may be something to do with your ordering problem.

NaRyan
Grafter

From what I have seen in "other places" that means.

"Tetra can’t be used. Rendered or Listed buildings, shop fronts."

"The fibre optic cable is coming in overhead, but the engineers cannot safely use the Tetra ladder system (where it's anchored into a wall to provide safety). Therefore another option needs to be devised."

I am guessing due to my flat not having Line of Site to the pole, they need to route the new cable around the building a bit, and since the flat on ground floor at the back of building, has an area with "plastic" roofing and a built on extension with basic roofing, that it is not strong enough to support any weight of workers or equipment.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@NaRyan The checker says FTTP is available so it's up to Openreach to find a suitable way to install it. The fact that you are not seeing any upgrade path on your account is more likely a Plusnet systems problem and not related to the checker details.

If you don't get  a staff response  on the forum I suggest you contact customer options on 0800 013 2632 which is usually answered fairly quickly. They should be able to help you.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @NaRyan. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've had a check and, unfortunately, FTTP isn't yet available for you to order. However, our suppliers are in the process of building this in your area and so hopefully it should be available soon. If you enter your details on their fibre availability checker here and then register your interest, you'll be notified once FTTP is available for you to order.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@EmilyD  That seems to be a bit odd, @NaRyan has said in a previous post ...yet if I check my post code\address on Plusnet site it says I can get the 500 package.

There is also a BT wholesale checker result in the same post (message #250) showing FTTP availability presumably for the correct phone number or address.

On what evidence are you seeing no FTTP available?