Did you mean: 

Latest on FTTP?

Timalay
Grafter

Re: Latest on FTTP?

Delete please

l3v1ck

I hope Plusnet offer FTTP soon. I've been with Plusnet/Force 9 since the late 90's. I've stayed for the customer service.
Given I'm on an exchange only line, I have a choice of standard ADSL or FTTP. I can't get FTTC. If Plusnet don't eventually offer FTTP, I'll be forced to move elsewhere. That'll be a real pain as they host my domain and tie the email into my .f9.co.uk address inbox.
Tags (1)
Wilsonline
Grafter

It's baffling why it has taken so long for it not to be available.  

I was on a Plusnet FTTP trial in my previous, sadly rented, property in 2013!  We had 330Mbps into the house which was wonderful.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Spoke to PlusNet today to see if I could upgrade my speed. Not able to upgrade as still on the trial but apparently they are going to launch "full fibre" in the summer.

dgp
Rising Star

Potentially good news. Should give time for the COVID installation delays to disappear.
l3v1ck

That's good to hear. I don't mind waiting a few months.

sarczoid
Rising Star

Would love to know what the exec team actually do at plusnet....

All I've seen the last three years is increasingly poor customer service, delays on fttp and channels on their TV service.

I have asked about fttp and sky sports on plusnet tv and the staff never know anything.

Now they use covid as an excuse for the really poor phone handling, such a shame, it's been going downhill for years now.

Time to go when contract is up imo
RRM
Rising Star

But where to?

We should be getting FTTP in my area in a few months (allegedly) and my contract is up in September.

Not sure which provider I will move to, I setup NowTv broadband for someone else, tried to contact their customer service, they hide their number. The chat is a robot and the website just takes you back to the same page. They don’t even want to speak to you.

So Plusnet might not be the best, but it maybe the best of a bad bunch.
ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I had to jump ship a few months ago so I could get FTTP (my only other option was 5Mb ADSL). 

I went with BT so I didn't have to pay any early contract termination charges and managed to get myself a reasonable deal (call charges are extortionate but we've both got unlimited calls on our mobiles so tend to use them instead).

As an ex Freenetname customer it felt a bit odd to be going elsewhere but having a much faster (I can get the 900/110 speeds here if I could find a way to justify it) and reliable broadband connection makes it all worth it.  Digital Voice gives some pretty impressive options as well.

I am still planning on coming back to Plusnet when my (2 year) contract with BT comes to an end so hopefully there will be a decent offering by then!

Wilsonline
Grafter

I wish anyone else offered fttp to my property. Hey! Broadband are wiring up the area, but no IPTV offerings from them and I can't watch live sport (BT Sport HD for rugby coverage) on an app with a 30 second + delay.
harryw66
Grafter

Can anyone from PlusNet comment on the following:

Plusnet set to join FTTP party | Products & Services | TelcoTitans.com

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@harryw66 

There will be no comment from PlusNet until (or if) they actually launch a FTTP product.

Brian

harryw66
Grafter

Was just on the phone with PNet to discuss my contract renewal.

Mentioned I was considering switching to Sky as they have a good deal on FTTP - but still could not get any guesstimate on when PNet would offer FTTP....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Really sorry for the radio silence from us on this topic.

@harryw66 wrote:

Can anyone from PlusNet comment on the following:

Plusnet set to join FTTP party | Products & Services | TelcoTitans.com

I could comment but I’d be reading this in the same way as everybody else. We’d usually get internal comms when we’ve got a confirmed date and that’d in turn generally means we’d then tell everybody.

I appreciate this is a long time coming as we had a trial running for quite a while and everybody’s looking forward to when we do offer a full product. 

For now I can’t say anything more than what we’ve said above^ but I hope this post helps. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
damianmcr
Grafter

Anything yet?